Cool Postmarks?

Does anyone have any fun postmarks? I attached my best one although I used to have a fun Shrek one that is now since gone unfortunately.

12 Likes

I’m sure that people prefer “Thinking of You” to this rightfully unpopular one. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha I actually really enjoy that one as someone studying environmental science

2 Likes

Oh, I appreciate the intent, too–but I also understand the disappointment that the poor fishies got squashed in the name of energy conservation. :joy:

3 Likes

City of Dildo postmark

3 Likes

Had my friend send me a photo of a postmarked card I sent. We have 2 thinking of you postmarks

1 Like

Had my friend send me a postmarked card. We have 2 thinking of you postmarks

Here are some of the postmarks I have received over the years:

1. Tibet, China
  2. Hikkim, India. Highest Post Office in the World
    (here’s a video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xrZqP1ngow)
  3. Supai, AZ. The last post office to use mules to deliver mails
  4. Lithuania
  5. Costa Rica
7 Likes

USA

DE

Got it today:

3 Likes

I like that USA Energy Awareness Month. It seems surprised to be travelling… :open_mouth: hahah! :laughing:

4 Likes

I just got a great one from a direct swap with @pjh52 It came from California although I think they are widespread in the US

1 Like

I love how the ornaments in the top right are almost perfectly aligned with the stamp.

1 Like

You must love my image :smile::

7 Likes

I like those:

bottom one: together against Corona - protect oneself and others

7 Likes

Hahaha! If they were mine I would display them like that on the fridge just for the fun of it. Always makes me chuckle. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

For the top left postmark from Hong Kong, it shows the “The Old General Post Office Building” that was demolished in 1976 :frowning_face: 29 post offices offer this pictorial postmark.

Here are the other 11 Pictorial Postmarks of different post offices:

16 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information. I looked up what the building looked like… it was beautiful! Such a shame it is gone. But I like that they saved that arch from the old building with the saying on it: “as cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country”. It’s a nice slogan for a post office.

2 Likes

Sadly, the current General Post Office (which displays the arch) will be demolished in a few years time, to make way for fancy office buildings…

News here

1 Like

One of two postmarks on a recent card from Sweden.
Postmuseum Stockholm wishes “God Jul” or Merry Christmas.

19 Likes

This is a postmark we can get using post boxes in or near the Korkeasaari zoo in Helsinki :bear:

18 Likes