US Stamps on International Postcards

Thank you for the explanation. Post in Germany is a private business, there are more than Deutsche Post, but only regionally operating (for private customers). With national post I meant the most common one, doing most of the business, nevertheless if it was privatised or not.

1 Like

Thank you. @aerobear I have paid you

@princeofasturias No need to pay :slight_smile: I’m happy to help out.

Usually I got those round global forever stamps and while I understand that not everyone has time or resources to get other different stamps, they do get boring after awhile.

The designs of US stamps are some of my favorites honestly. :heart_eyes:

I love the Harvey Milk one.

These working dogs stamps are also adorable.

There is a US stamp account on instagram and the curator has showed me so many beautifully designed US stamps. They are art really. :heart: @edelweiss_post

5 Likes

Half of the cards from US are stamped with Globle circle ones.
Some crossers will try to put more old stamps while it’s easy to find and not expensive.

I do love those forever value ones such as:

6 Likes

Yesterday I received these:

I really liked them and I don’t remember I had receive before, but Energy Awareness Month almost kill the little fishes!!! :scream::rofl:
I don’t think I ever received stamps from USA I didn’t like.

3 Likes

I love this Views of our Planets stamp series. Luckily I was able to get all of them. And even the Pluto one which was released later on.

1 Like

Wow, I love the ones with storms!! :heart_eyes::tornado::cloud_with_lightning:

1 Like

It’s not called Fish Awareness Month for a reason. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The release of the $2 Inverted Jenny (airplane) stamp included some deliberately printed non-inverted to increase interest in buying them. This intentionally-created rarity was considered scandalous. All were sold in a sealed envelope so no one would know if they got the rarities until it was opened.

2 Likes

Lucky you! :slight_smile: I’m still missing Uranus and Mars, but I do have Pluto. :ringer_planet: That really is a very nice series.

I have a sheet of the cloud/storm stamps. Please send me a DM if you’d like to swap cards. :grinning:

8 Likes

Patrick from Edelweiss Post is actually a postcrosser! :slight_smile: Maybe one day he’ll come around the forum and delight us with photos of his colorful stamp collections…

4 Likes

After seeing this post I went out and got the non-succulent stamps! Guys…I spent $112 USD on stamps! Yikes!!! Too many choices

But I love the ones that come from other countries and I know I am spending the same amount no matter which ones I buy but I usually only bought one sheet of the succulents at a time rather than this many haha!

I am happy with what I’ve gotten though and can’t wait to send them out. I got all of these plus the US flag ones. Apparently the Mayflower ones are very sought after according to the postal clerk.

w

19 Likes

I don’t have any castles so I’m not bored of them! I am a newbie though so hopefully it won’t be too long till I get one!

Wow! Whoever gets the chance to receive a card from him will be so lucky. :heart:

1 Like

Look at it this way … you get to send out a fun variety of stamps now! And if postage prices go up, you’ve actually saved money!

4 Likes

Huh. That’s interesting. My local post office usually doesn’t get all the stamps in the first place so I usually order mine online. I recently ordered more of the Mayflower ones and also a sheet of the USS Missouri so I could put both of those together on some postcards.

3 Likes

Yeah I had no idea! The clerk said people had been coming in for weeks asking for them! That is a nice combo with the Missouri

The Mayflower stamps are :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:.