Cool Postmarks?

In Austria the distance you should keep is that of one baby elefant

14 Likes

I was looking through my postcards and saw this one. Thought it was cute. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Ah, I also received one Thinking of You postmark on a postcard from OH and I got plenty of Energy Awareness postmarks (lmao).

I’m collecting the pictorial postmarks of Hong Kong, but so far I have only received one.

In my city, Suzhou, China, there are theoretically several pictorial postmarks but most of them have “disappeared” since the pandemic. Here’s one COVID-related postmark along with a multicolor meter stamp about Qixi Festival.

5 Likes

BTW, about the meter stamps, here’s another multicolor meter stamp that I have received from Gansu Province, China. China Post designed many multicolor meter stamps this year. The words one this one are “In Commemoration of the 40th National Stamp Popularity Poll”.

17 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan) 2021 Happy New Year special postmarks,
left: 2020-12-31 Year of Rat,
right: 2021-01-01 Year of Ox.

6 Likes

Israel Season’s Greetings/Christmas postmark from Nazareth & Jerusalem on 24/12/20Season Greetings Jerusalem Season Gretings Nazareth 2020

11 Likes

Conch shaped,little bit hard to see…

25 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

Irish love and marriage postmark.

And a couple of others:

7 Likes

I’ve got this really beautiful one from Taiwan:

10 Likes

This Royal Mail postmark to remind you about St Valentine’s Day isn’t beautiful like some in this thread, but it’s so funny I wanted to share it. :joy:

It has tick-boxes! The text reads:

I like you
        Do you like me?
        ☐ Yes     ☐ No
        VALENTINE'S DAY
        14 February 2021

:joy:

24 Likes

Just received a card with “Taxe perçue” mark and no postage stamp.
I had never seen this before, so the internet has enlightened me. It lets the destination postal service know that no postage is due on delivery.

5 Likes

from Postojna Cave, Slovenia

I visited there two years ago and sent a tourist postcard to myself from The world’s only cave post office. That post office sells postcards and special stamps. You can find more information in the links below.

12 Likes

Postmark from DPRK (North Korea).

10 Likes

Self-made maximum card with a postmark of the Panda Post.

5 Likes

A nice architectural one from Germany.

2 Likes

Two more pictorial postmarks.

(p.s.: If you’re visiting Suzhou, China, be sure to visit Songling 松陵 Post Office since they have really nice pictorial postmarks! The two postmarks and the COVID-19 postmark I mentioned above are from that post office. I often go there and get lots of postcards canceled with those special postmarks. You can ask if a “Wenhua Richuo 文化日戳” is currently available. )

6 Likes