Christmas/holiday stamps

It’s almost that time of year! For countries with travel times of 3+ weeks, I’ll start using them right away. Will probably wait until December for Germany. There are the occasional Postcrossers who don’t want anything holiday related, so I’ll use my regular stash. And others want Christmas all year long. :smiley:

Are you using Christmas stamps already? What have you received?

24 Likes

Yes I’m using Christmas stamps already :+1:

1 Like

Not using it yet, but I’m preparing to send the Christmasy mail :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve restocked my Christmas stamps a while ago, but haven’t send any cards with them so far (and I won’t draw any new addresses until December). But I already sent out lots of (50 to be precise :sweat_smile:) envelopes for advent calendars with Christmas stamps. Now I’m out of this year’s Christmas stamp design… I should get some more for the Christmas mail!

These are last years designs I restocked:

11 Likes

Just used the first ones, one is an advent calendar card, so it’s okay to send it already and to use a Christmas stamp. :grin: And the other one is going to Russia, so nevermind it arriving too early. :joy:

Sorry for the bad photo. :smiley:

9 Likes

I had two sheets of Christmas stamps in the mail today.

16 Likes

That 0.70 stamp with the paper art is a beauty!

Would you like to swap a card with that stamp? :slight_smile: Feel free to send me a message about it! I even have a Christmas card in that design.

I’m hoping to receive more winter- and Christmas-themed stamps for my birthday soon, but here are the ones I have now! @valdavid, as you can see, I also love the Ezra Jack Keats The Snowy Day stamps!

The “Birds in Winter” stamps are seasonally ambiguous enough that I can use them year-round for ornithology enthusiasts. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

:heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
lovely stamps!

1 Like

I’m kinda using them already, but only because our Europa stamp 2020 is Santa and lately everytime I have gone to post office to buy international stamps they have given me them.

17 Likes

It seems we won’t have any new. So, newest ones are from year 2018; and those are worth priority inland postage only :frowning_face:, so if send abroad they need to be combined with others.
obrazek

But I think they are quite cute.

14 Likes

Please use them on some cards, they’re very pretty! I’m sure Postcrossers will love them!

Also, one Christmas stamp I’m using today to Russia (so probably arriving in December):

3 Likes

Hong Kong Post is going to issue the fourth series of Christmas stamps on 4.12.2020!

Third series (4.11.2014)

Second series (11.10.2007)

First series (24.11.2002)

Not in use anymore (8.11.1990)

23 Likes

Italy will issue two Christmas stamps (one domestic, one EU) only on december 1, and as usual it’ll be a surprise until that day, by rule no images are released before issue day.
Anyway I still have some of the last year :smile:

1 Like

These are the stamps that Canada Post is issuing this year: snow scenes (domestic, USA and international) and one domestic religious:

17 Likes

I’ve picked up some of Royal Mail’s Christmas stamps this year. These are the £1.45 ones for postcards. I’ll start using them when I next have slots available. The Christmas stamps this year are all stained glass windows from churches around the country.

https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/christmas-2020

13 Likes

LOL. I love how this stamp’s artist is either lazy or really efficient. Year of Ox + holiday twofer.

5 Likes

I really like Australia’s Christmas stamps this year - some years they look at bit cheap.

A mix of traditional elements with Australian wildlife and flowers. Even the details around the religous-themed stamps are Australian.

I won’t actually use these for postcards, but I will get the maxicards that feature the same images.

19 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes