[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

So there are! Yes, rather pricey but good to know. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so much, thatā€™s really helpful :blush: Aww, yes, Iā€™d forgotten all about Angelina Ballerina! x

1 Like

Ooh, I can imagine the children liking that storyā€¦ I just checked and it was partly filmed in Cornwall, so I think that counts! Thank you :smiling_face: Iā€™ll PM you x

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face: x

1 Like

Turns out she came to London some years ago & visited Baker St, so sheā€™d love the Professor Ratigan postcard, if youā€™re happy to part with it, thank you :smiling_face: Iā€™ll PM you x

Sorry to be late to the party. I have the BP set and I will look through it this arvo for any remaining mice for you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much :blush: x

Gervase Gregory

I came across his postcards quite by accident on eBay. Heā€™s an artist now 91 years of age and has designed some beautiful postcards from his own watercolour sketches of the area where he lives the New Forest. Heā€™s poorly now but his son said his father is pleased that his work will be shared both nationally & internationally. So no doubt in the BI tag Iā€™ll be sending you guys some of his beautiful cards!

4 Likes

This is with repeat countries turned off! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Wow - and I thought I was badly off because Iā€™ve got three travelling to Belarus and two to Russia (amidst a lot of other countries with very lengthy travel times). I hope some of your cards get there soon.

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s our lot now because quite a few countries (inc USA) still donā€™t send to RU according to the mail Monitor. Russia and Belarus are my new "Germany "

Edited to add: recently average travel times for my cards to RU are only marginally longer than to US, (quick estimated 22 vs 30)

3 Likes

Thank you - I hope so too. Most of my expired cards are to inactive users, which doesnā€™t help.

Iā€™m jealous - 48 days average for my Russian cards since September 2023 - I am glad they are arriving, though!

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Hello All,

The British Isles section has a Round Robin, and we have some fabulous open groups at the moment and some fantastic themes on the horizon.

Please come and check out the British Isles Round Robin and join a postcard group, I am sure you will all enjoy, plus some of the postcards will be a lot cheaper to send compared to other areas of postcrossing.

Mark @Maddymail :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It isnā€™t just the UK looking to tinker with its postal service: PostNL wants more time to deliver letters, due to lack of staff - DutchNews.nl

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just been to see this postal-themed film at the cinema: Wicked Little Letters | Rotten Tomatoes. If you see it, prepare yourselves for a lot of blue language!

1 Like

Is anyone watching the Panorama programme?

Me !

Iā€™m watching with a bit.of a delay, but have just seem the Panorama team but what look.like large letter sized envelopes with normal 1st class stamps on them ??

18 days to China with a handwritten Chinese address (and it looked dreadful!!!) :grin:

4 Likes

Just seen a hilarious PHQ stamp card that, really made me laugh out loud, and it sounds about right, lost just before Uranus!

ā€¦and I thought it was joke, but no a real stamp!

https://www.collectgbstamps.co.uk/explore/issues/?issue=205

7 Likes