[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

Welcome to the GB /UK section @mwntimperial.
There are some really knowledgeable and friendly folks here.

There’s a meetup in Cardiff next month, if you fancy a day out - just a couple of hours from Paddington :teddy_bear:

4 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! I’ll be checking out the British Isles threads. :grinning:

I would love to get to the Cardiff meet up but I doubt I will make it. Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus! I love Wales a lot and any opportunity to combine Wales and postcards is a wonderful thing!

3 Likes

Hello @mwntimperial so nice to have someone new join us. You’ll find everyone super friendly & helpful.

Do take part in the the Tags & Round Robins, it’s a lovely way to get to know everyone x

2 Likes

Ooh exciting! I’m hoping something comes up in my area soon x

2 Likes

I’ve just joined the British Isles tag. I’ve been too nervous to try a tag before. Thank you for the encouragement. I hope I get it right! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

You will, but don’t worry if you don’t, everyone is lovely (and always willing to offer advice) & we can all remember being new here & worried we might get it wrong too! Just remember to write BI Tag (or something similar) on the card, so the person receiving it knows what it’s for :blush: Enjoy! x

3 Likes

If anyone is up my way tomorrow/Saturday, the local WHSmiths is cheap for postcards (they have a 75% off stationery sale… but until Saturday only). Still some Origins postcards. I bought mostly stuff for letter writing, rather than Postcrossing.

3 Likes

Rats, if I didn’t have to work :joy:

1 Like

I’ve probably been “banned” after the amount I spent today!!! I already had comment from one member of staff there about returning yet again (that was my 3rd visit, although short one, today).

4 Likes

Thought you might all enjoy this…:penguin:

6 Likes

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has the Peter Rabbit / Beatrix Potter box set?

An American Postcrossing friend is looking for famous mice cards from all over the world as a geography teaching aid. I’ve only been able to come up with Danger Mouse from the UK so far.

I know there’s a few mice in the Beatrix Potter stories. The Tailor of Gloucester, Mrs Tittlemouse, Johnny Town Mouse… but I’d rather not buy the whole set to get them.

If anybody has them & would consider swapping them (blank) for something I do have I’d be very grateful :smiling_face:

Thank you
Emma x

1 Like

Hi Emma - I’ve had a look through my cards as I have some Beatrix Potter stamp cards but they all seem to be rabbits! Sorry. I hope you find some nice somewhere.

1 Like

It was so kind of you to look, thank you :blush: x

1 Like

I’m out visiting bùt I’ll look when I get home x

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face: x

I’ve had a look through my postcards nothing sadly, the first UK mouse that comes to my mind is ‘Basil The Great Mouse Detective’ I have a Professor Ratigan postcard, however he is a (nothing but a sewer) Rat.

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face: so kind of you to check for me.
Lol, I’d have to check with her about Professor Ratigan, I think it’s just mice she’s looking for.
Really appreciate your help x

Have you thought about Brambly Hedge mice? Recently, I’ve seen BH greetings cards in the shops although not postcards. If any card would work that might be an option if the mice count as famous enough…? Also, there are a few printable colouring pages and so on available on the BH website.

Another mouse is Angelina Ballerina. I haven’t seen cards with her on but there might be some around or printables online.

2 Likes

I have this from The Witches if any use ?

1 Like

I love Brambly Hedge :slight_smile: Can I just pipe up to say that there are some second hand unused Brambly Hedge postcards on eBay, rather expensive though unfortunately.

2 Likes