[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

Cardiff? Really? Did I miss something?

1 Like

Oops have i spoiled a surprise?! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Nothing has been finalised with a date or anything, i just know there was interest! It’s great to see so many meet ups springing up!

1 Like

Cardiff was Postponed.

Is anyone here a member of the “Handwritten Letter Appreciation Society”?

It’s founder, Dinah, has set a summer holiday challenge to gather as many postcards as part of the #PostcardDrop2023 that she has created on Instagram and on her website.

You don’t have to be a member to send her a postcard, if you so wish! :postcard:

5 Likes

Yep I’m a member. Dinah is ace and speaks a lot in the media about keeping written correspondence alive (just don’t mention barcoded stamps :p)

The Society even made it onto the “guest publication” on “Have I got News for you” earlier in the year… I got so excited when I saw it I nearly choked on my Friday night curry.

6 Likes

Just thought I’d let you all know I’m doing a lottery for some PHQ maxicards over on the lotteries part of the forum! Feel free to enter :smiley_cat:

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/lottery-1kg-parcel-of-unused-phq-maxicards/631557

6 Likes

Wow @sandhurst you are so generous! That’s fantastic :blush: thank you. I have entered even though I really shouldn’t get any more cards :rofl:

1 Like

It isn’t totally selfless! I want to get rid of cards I’m unlikely to use :blush:

1 Like

Not Discworld, but Good Omens was on last week on the radio, BBC Radio 4 extra again last week BBC Radio 4 Extra - Schedules, 24 - 30 July 2023

1 Like

Good Omens 2 with David Tenant is now out…incredible

2 Likes

We’ve been loving it!!

1 Like

We visited Stonehenge yesterday on our way to Poole. They had a few nice cards but 75p each and not a huge selection.
Might be worth looking for a source in a neighbouring town or village if you go and have time. As a UNESCO site I would have bought more if a little bit cheaper.

3 Likes

They’re not cheap at all - I bought the book of cards as I use them when people want local places and it’s really close to me. They are nice and big though and good quality printing and thickness.

1 Like

@tesc are you interested in joining us for the Stonehenge meetup? Stonehenge - Autumn Equinox - Saturday 23rd September 2023

1 Like

It’s run by English Heritage isn’t it? I’ve always found their postcards very expensive. As you say, if you have time, better to buy somewhere else locally.

1 Like

No we didn’t sign up for that one as we knew we would be there this weekend.

1 Like

They were also selling those non Royal mail postal stickers that send your mail via the Philippines. Organisations such as English Heritage shouldn’t be wripping off tourists.

3 Likes

Hello forum pals! Is anyone thinking of printing the WPD card design via vista print etc. I might get a few but don’t want loads as I have absolutely loads of postcards already because I have a purchasing problem. That’s for another time! I wondered if anyone would want to join in on the order as I know the more you print the cheaper it is? Doesn’t matter how few you want! I’m happy to co-ordinate it. Maybe you could just contribute the price of a second class stamp for me to post them to you if that would work best.

P.s. If you think the design is ugly like the rest of the people commenting on the postcrossing blog post, I understand :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t think the card is ugly, but I do prefer my friend’s design (then again I might be biased, ha!)

1 Like