[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

I’d definitely be up for that! :wales:

2 Likes

I am always here for meetup hosting advice :slight_smile:

Not sure how many London meets I’ve done but people keep coming so they can’t be that bad?!?!?

4 Likes

Thank you, you are obviously doing something very right!

2 Likes

Is there a date for Winchester?

1 Like

Yes, 9th December.

3 Likes

All set :snowman_with_snow: 9th December 2023 - Winchester Christmas Meetup

6 Likes

Is anyone interested in hosting a Bonfire night meeting (Sunday 5/11) or a Remembrance Day meeting (Saturday 11/11)?
I can design the postcard.

Is the Cardiff meet up going ahead in November? @JennyAssis @claireandivy
I would definitely attend that! :wales:

1 Like

Cardiff? Really? Did I miss something?

1 Like

Oops have i spoiled a surprise?! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Nothing has been finalised with a date or anything, i just know there was interest! It’s great to see so many meet ups springing up!

1 Like

Cardiff was Postponed.

Is anyone here a member of the “Handwritten Letter Appreciation Society”?

It’s founder, Dinah, has set a summer holiday challenge to gather as many postcards as part of the #PostcardDrop2023 that she has created on Instagram and on her website.

You don’t have to be a member to send her a postcard, if you so wish! :postcard:

5 Likes

Yep I’m a member. Dinah is ace and speaks a lot in the media about keeping written correspondence alive (just don’t mention barcoded stamps :p)

The Society even made it onto the “guest publication” on “Have I got News for you” earlier in the year… I got so excited when I saw it I nearly choked on my Friday night curry.

6 Likes

Just thought I’d let you all know I’m doing a lottery for some PHQ maxicards over on the lotteries part of the forum! Feel free to enter :smiley_cat:

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/lottery-1kg-parcel-of-unused-phq-maxicards/631557

6 Likes

Wow @sandhurst you are so generous! That’s fantastic :blush: thank you. I have entered even though I really shouldn’t get any more cards :rofl:

1 Like

It isn’t totally selfless! I want to get rid of cards I’m unlikely to use :blush:

1 Like

Not Discworld, but Good Omens was on last week on the radio, BBC Radio 4 extra again last week BBC Radio 4 Extra - Schedules, 24 - 30 July 2023

1 Like

Good Omens 2 with David Tenant is now out…incredible

2 Likes

We’ve been loving it!!

1 Like