9th December 2023 - Winchester Christmas Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Winchester
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Turtle bay (Winchester)
:calendar: DATE: 09/12/2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Tis the season to be jolly at the Winchester Christmas meetup :christmas_tree:
Eat, drink, sign postcards, and be wearing an ugly Christmas sweater!

The elves have told me the schedule :spiral_calendar:

• :snowflake:11 am meet at Turtle bay (5 min walk from the Winchester Station)
    Let’s have a Christmas brunch and sign some postcards.

• :snowflake: After we will walk around the Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market (free admission) and take a group photo.

:love_letter: Our team of elves has been putting in a lot of effort into creating our meetup postcard and here it is…

Reserve your postcard now. Each postcard will cost 20p.
The order will be sent on 17th November.

And just like on Christmas day we couldn’t forget a Secret Santa :santa:t5::gift:

• Bring with you a gift worth ÂŁ5.
    Feel free to write a Christmas card to place together with your gift.

• However, you don’t need to bring a gift if you don’t want to participate in Secret Santa.

“We will be holding a competition for the ugliest sweater. Please come prepared to potentially win a prize.” :santa:t5::trophy:

:bellhop_bell: If you wish to join us, simply click on the RSVP button “Going” (blue bottom at the top).

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

DON’T FORGET TO CHECK THE FORUM ONCE IN A WHILE FOR ANY CHANGES

Postcard

Charzevans - 20 postcards
Ali_caj - 6 postcards
JANIS10 - 10 postcards
Maddymail - 5 postcards
chrisbonham11 - 5 postcards

Maybe
alexandra68cats

8 Likes

Spread Christmas Cheer :christmas_tree:

I am incredibly disappointingly in between night shifts, but I will do my best to atleast show my face! Maybe my colleagues will be kind to me and let me sneak off early for a few Zs :sleeping:

1 Like

We would like to come Jenny - too soon to book trains yet & unclear if subject to engineering work. Will keep checking x

1 Like

I would like to come! I’ve never been to a postcrossing meetup before, looking forward to it already :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be able to come but just wanted to say you’ll have a great time! I visited Winchester last summer and Josie’s is amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers:t5:

We have plenty of time, hopefully the trains will be running as normal. :crossed_fingers:t5:

1 Like

The meetups are always great, but the Christmas meetup is holly jolly🎄

1 Like

I’m glad to have chosen the right place for the meeting. :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

It’s a possibility for me but it depends on the trains. I’ll let you know nearer the time.

1 Like

Still have plenty of time, fingers crossed for no strikes.

1 Like

Can you put me down as a maybe?

1 Like

This will be my first Postcrossing meetup! Looking forward to it. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

All set up!

Will be the first of many to come <3

Hello, I would like to be there but it depends how busy December gets and if I can get away. It looks fun! I love Winchester! Please put me down as a possible and I will confirm nearer the time. Thank you for organising it!

1 Like

Having registered interest I have now found out I can’t make it after all :slightly_frowning_face: I have a clash with a charitable event I am committed to and the date has only just been announced. I’m really sorry to miss it and was looking forward to revisiting Winchester. Another time! Hope it goes well!

1 Like

Please add me to the list as potential :christmas_tree:

1 Like

The Christmas tree is up in the centre of Winchester https://twitter.com/WinchesterBID/status/1721496926992933374?t=-gvvX7CfHEAc1E4JPEtyVw&s=19

I will show the postcard by the end of the week :christmas_tree: Be ready.
:notes: It’s beginning to look a lot like Xmas :notes:

1 Like