[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

All sounds good to me!! Any good at designing postcards???

1 Like

Absolutely not but I can try lol

1 Like

There must be someone decent at designing them as they do them for other UK meet-ups, there must be an artist in our midst!!!

2 Likes

Hi I might be persuaded to leave sunny Surrey if it’s a Saturday (after parkrun obv):joy:

2 Likes

Yay (also hi mum :rofl:) @minimog

2 Likes

I’d be up for a meetup in Birmingham. I went to my first postcrossing meetup in Birmingham at the start of 2022 and there was a small group of us who attended so there’s definitely other postcrossers in/around the area who may be interested in going along too: 29 January 2022 - Birmingham meetup

2 Likes

Oh hi @geo_, it would be so lovely to meet you there as well!!
How would late September/early October work for people? I know that seems far in advance but gives us enough time to sort postcards/diaries/avoid summer holiday clashes! Could be a World Postcard Day themed meet up around that time too. @jobloggs would that seem reasonable to you as co-host? :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks, this is helpful and it would be great if you could come too!

1 Like

Sounds fab, there is a meet up in London for WPD so don’t want a clash, how about Saturday 7th October? I love how 2 people who have never been to a meet up are organising one :yum:

4 Likes

This is super exciting but I realise we’ve monopolised this thread a bit so will see if i can work out how to start a post on the meetup forum!

1 Like

Aww 7th October, it’s going to be a marathon of meet-ups, eek

Stonehenge meet-up in September for the equinox, then WPD meet-up at Stampex, London, Birmingham the following weekend and then Halloween in Reading!

Let’s do this!

2 Likes

Meet-up crazy, i love it! It would be so great to meet those of you who are user names but actually real people :joy:

2 Likes

There is a meet-up in Manchester in August.

I hope they don’t mind me tagging them, they can throw their hat into the ring and give you guys some advice.

@JennyAssis @charzevans @chrisbonham11 @constanze

I was initially planning a meet-up this month in Alderney, the Channel Islands, as they where going to release a Postcrossing Stamp, but instead they went with another King Charles Coronation stamp issue, oh how boring. So @NataliaDoesThings did todays London meet-up!

2 Likes

I was going to ask @JennyAssis as she is a meet-up expert! I hope you all had a great time in London today and of course absolutely everyone is welcome!!

2 Likes

Everybody invited

We’re planning to have some meetings this year, I can confirm October in Reading and December in Winchester.

1 Like

It was great! Thanks to @NataliaDoesThings

Is anyone interested in a postcard?

3 Likes

That is a great postcard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could i buy some please? They’re always so popular with Postcrossers!

You need to ask @NataliaDoesThings if she has any left so sell.

1 Like

If anyone interested in organizes a meeting and sort out the postcard, I am happy to offer my assistance.

2 Likes