[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

That’s very fast :open_mouth:

I got such a lovely card from @Eri9 in the British Isles Tag today and loved it too much not to share it somewhere, so, here it is!

Thank you so much, Jill! :herb:

11 Likes

A little annoyed… I sent off some cards for the “otter” postmark as they all had otters on… and they all came back with kingfisher postmarks :neutral_face:

:hushed:

I sent some off around the time of the King’s Coronation and someone from the handstamping centre got in touch to stay they had stamped it with the wrong date… They kindly offered to re-do it if I had the same postcard again (they offered the same stamp) but I chose not to.

It might be worth getting in touch with them, even if you don’t want/can’t have them re-done, just to let them know so it doesn’t happen again!

1 Like

Which otter postmark and which otter stamps? If it is the First Day of Issue Postmark, they won’t apply it to anything else other than the corresponding stamp issue!

Considering that the river wildlife stamps don’t come out till the 13th, I’m surprised they are back with a sponsored postmarks.

I may do! I don’t have the same stamps or cards but it could help someone else.

It was the one on the left and I got the one on the right, the stamps were just random old commemoratives on cards with otters. I don’t think they’re first day postmarks? I was surprised they came back so quickly as well. Still they are quite pretty, even if not quite what I wanted.

1 Like

Off to a meetup in London at the British Museum today. Anyone fancy joining us.
Lunch midday at the pub opposite - see meetup section

5 Likes

I will also be there. See you later, @tesc !

3 Likes

If I didn’t have an exam tomorrow I’d be there!! Next time :relaxed:

2 Likes

Have a good time - I’d love to meet some real life Postcrossers one day

2 Likes

BBC News - Ceredigion: Bid to save last surviving postmen’s huts in Wales

Saw this and thought some of you might enjoy it. My postie works in all weather but it doesn’t hold a candle to former times.

5 Likes

Have a great time all of you! I’d love to go to a meet-up but a good date hasn’t come up yet! A Midlands one would be great!

3 Likes

We should organise one :eyes: @jobloggs

3 Likes

Yes! I don’t know how lol but yes!

2 Likes

Neither lol, we’ll figure it out!

1 Like

Who would be interested in a Midlands meet? There does seem to be a lot more people down South!

4 Likes

I’ll drag my postcrossing obsessed mum up to the midlands for it especially so there will be at least three of us lol @minimog

2 Likes

For me a Postcrossing Meetup, will be my perfect excuse to get away from London!

5 Likes

Brilliant! Hopefully the Midlands would be good for Northern Postcrossers too!

1 Like

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'Midlands ’ we are SouthEast so although an hour North of London the Midlands can still be a long way by car…