Can't send cards on World Postcrossing Day?

I had a problem with loading main site. 1st of October - that was my guess.:joy:

Working for me now! Thanks! Moderator can take down this thread if they want.

Maybe it’s useful to keep it around… I’m sure we’ll have more hiccups throughout the day, it’s early still! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m able to get addresses, but it takes “forever”. Guess that is due to many requests for addresses today.

Good job, guys, we broke Postcrossing. :joy:

27 Likes

If anyone is keeping their account inactive but can set it to active today, please consider doing it! We could use all the addresses we can get. :pray:

14 Likes

That is wonderful news actually!! We managed to take down the postcrossing’s server, which means, we are growing as a community :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

I feel like it’s Christmas when everyone is going crazy and I watch it from afar not understanding it :smiley:

6 Likes

It took a few minutes waiting for my ‘sends’ to download, but all have been downloaded, addressed, written and I will hike over to the post office in a couple hours to get the cards postmarked today.
HAPPY WORLD POSTCARD DAY to all!
And, thank you Admin :postcrossing: for keeping us going on this exciting day! :dancer:

8 Likes

It crashed for me too but my three cards are now in the post box!

2 Likes

Just changed back to active, actually I am on holidays and wanted to avoid a delay in registering. But I think a week delay doesn’t matter that much.

4 Likes

Thank you for helping us smooth these hiccups! And enjoy the rest of your vacations! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did but I also have to change my profiletext and that’s not working
I cann’t even connect to the website for a while now

2 Likes

I’m afraid some patience is going to be required to make it through today… Give it a little break and try again in a bit, hopefully it’ll work better! :muscle: And thank you in advance!

5 Likes

I am trying to open Postcrossing site, message: " This site can’t be reached"
Anyone else has this problem? Or is it on my side?

It’s not just you, I’ve been struggling with that all morning. I managed to get through once to get an address, but most of the morning I’ve been sitting here hitting refresh. I sounds like Postcrossing is just too overwhelmed by people trying to get addresses.

Just read the comments here and on many other threads, it has been mentioned many times😊

1 Like

I did just that (at least for a few Hours) and hope my address will be given to far away countries because I‘m not here next week :joy:

2 Likes

I was also back in active and now using travel mode for meet up preparing. But after that I’m back to active

1 Like

I can’t thank you enough! :blue_heart:

2 Likes