Can't send cards on World Postcrossing Day?

Thank you for helping us smooth these hiccups! And enjoy the rest of your vacations! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did but I also have to change my profiletext and that’s not working
I cann’t even connect to the website for a while now

2 Likes

I’m afraid some patience is going to be required to make it through today… Give it a little break and try again in a bit, hopefully it’ll work better! :muscle: And thank you in advance!

5 Likes

I am trying to open Postcrossing site, message: " This site can’t be reached"
Anyone else has this problem? Or is it on my side?

It’s not just you, I’ve been struggling with that all morning. I managed to get through once to get an address, but most of the morning I’ve been sitting here hitting refresh. I sounds like Postcrossing is just too overwhelmed by people trying to get addresses.

Just read the comments here and on many other threads, it has been mentioned many times😊

1 Like

I did just that (at least for a few Hours) and hope my address will be given to far away countries because I‘m not here next week :joy:

2 Likes

I was also back in active and now using travel mode for meet up preparing. But after that I’m back to active

1 Like

I can’t thank you enough! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

We set back to active the accounts of my son and husband as well and shared also your posting in the German section.

2 Likes

Earlier in the morning, the number of travelling postcards was nearly 368,000+ (as I remembered) but it is 408,000+ now and still increasing :flushed:.

6 Likes

Danke danke! :pray:

I think someone in the German topic was asking about statistics — could you let them know we’ll share those in a wrap-up post we’ll do next week? My German is getting a little rusty… In any case, even with all these hiccups on the website, we’ve already passed the number of postcards sent last year on World Postcard Day… so yay! :tada:

18 Likes

Done :+1: :hugs:

3 Likes

I’ve been taking out addresses in bulks today, the first this morning, and the last after I came home from work. The difference between the numbers from this morning and this afternoon, is almost 200 - and that is for Norway alone.

And 1 October is not over yet.

3 Likes

Reminds me a little to the Day, when Germany reached the 10.000.000 Postcards and took PC down, but this was a Moment… now we have 24 hours for this little crazyness. XD
Poor servers.
Happy World Postcard Day

8 Likes

Yes, I noticed that. There are more than 40,000 postcards travelling than this time yesterday. No wonder they’re struggling to find enough addresses.

2 Likes

So I did. My profile is changed and I could write 2 cards. Unfirtunately not more because I just moved into my new house yesterday. After writing the cards it was a challenge to get them posted. I don’t know anymore in which box my stamps are. So I went out in the rain to find a shop where they sell stamps. Then as I got there I didn’t have my paycard, so I had to return home to get it, go back and after thst search for a mailbox to get the cards going on their way in time. I succeeded :sweat_smile: . So this was a tough WPD for me. Next tear hopefully will be better. I’m not planning to move again ever, tooo much stress :crazy_face: . So now I’m enjoying a meal in a restaurant because I cann’t cook yet in my new house.
Happy WPD everyone. I hope it’s less complicated for you all.

24 Likes

And I allmost forgot to say thank you to the Postcrossingteam for your amazing work . So thank you all :heart:

16 Likes

Oh Maria, what an adventure… :sweat_smile: But I’m so glad you’ve made a special effort to participate in the day and get those postcards going! Hurray! :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Good afternoon. I live in Russia (Moscow) and got the address at 2.20 am on October 1. But the site lists the shipping date as September 30th. So I won’t get the badge. Last year there was the same problem with time zones, but I read an article that this year you fixed it. But, apparently, they still did not fix it?

1 Like