Can't send cards on World Postcrossing Day?

Is this happening to anyone else? Can’t send anything…

Why can’t you send anything?
Do you have no free slot?
Or can you not access the page right now?
Unfortunately, this happens when sooo many addresses are requested at once.
Just try again later.

1 Like

It said “sending postcards is temporarily unavailable.” Please try again later." Now the main website seems to be down completely.

2 Likes

Paulo disabled the website for a little bit, while we deal with the load issues. Everyone is trying to request addresses at the same time, which makes things a bit tricky…

Please hang on tight — we’ll hopefully be right back! :crossed_fingers:

29 Likes

and then we did…

hehe, I guess it’s not unexpected :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Happened to me as well. Let’s give it some time for the issues to be fixed!

Thank you for this great initiative :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s understandable! Thanks for you swift reply. I’ll try again later :grin:

3 Likes

I have a question about this, in hopes it gets fixed today and doesn’t- will we miss out on our chance to post for WPD??? Thank you.

Hopefully not! :sweat_smile: The site is back online, and things seem to be holding up for now. Go ahead and request some addresses, if you’d like — it should work now.

7 Likes

I had a problem with loading main site. 1st of October - that was my guess.:joy:

Working for me now! Thanks! Moderator can take down this thread if they want.

Maybe it’s useful to keep it around… I’m sure we’ll have more hiccups throughout the day, it’s early still! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m able to get addresses, but it takes “forever”. Guess that is due to many requests for addresses today.

Good job, guys, we broke Postcrossing. :joy:

27 Likes

If anyone is keeping their account inactive but can set it to active today, please consider doing it! We could use all the addresses we can get. :pray:

14 Likes

That is wonderful news actually!! We managed to take down the postcrossing’s server, which means, we are growing as a community :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

I feel like it’s Christmas when everyone is going crazy and I watch it from afar not understanding it :smiley:

6 Likes

It took a few minutes waiting for my ‘sends’ to download, but all have been downloaded, addressed, written and I will hike over to the post office in a couple hours to get the cards postmarked today.
HAPPY WORLD POSTCARD DAY to all!
And, thank you Admin :postcrossing: for keeping us going on this exciting day! :dancer:

8 Likes

It crashed for me too but my three cards are now in the post box!

2 Likes

Just changed back to active, actually I am on holidays and wanted to avoid a delay in registering. But I think a week delay doesn’t matter that much.

4 Likes