Canada - Where to Get Postcards

This is a wiki of local Canadian stores where you can get postcards, organized by province and city. Feel free to edit it — just click the image button underneath this post.

Any province

• Head to your post office: Many post offices sell postcards pre-stamped for international destinations. The cost of such postcards is the same as buying an international stamp.

British Columbia

North Vancouver

• Lonsdale Quay Market, News Stand: The news stand at the north entrance of the Lonsdale Quay has a decent selection of picture cards of Vancouver and the wider region. (123 Carrie Cates Court, North Vancouver, BC V7M 3K7)

Vancouver

Overall, it’s easy to find touristic postcards in Vancouver. Many places sell some (usually the same from one place to another one).

• Book’mark The Library Store: The bookstore located in the gallery of Vancouver’s Central Library sells postcards. Some are on a display, and some are next to the cashier’s station
  • Chantou International Coin & Stamps: A decent collection of old postcards --unused and used-- near the front door for low prices. (6537 Fraser St, Vancouver BC V5X 3T4)
  • Genki Stationery: One of the little shops in the gallery of Vancouver’s Central Library sells a selection of Vancouver tourist cards. (350 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC V6B 6B1)
  • Nice Art Gallery, Granville Island: The photographs on the black & white postcards are from Zak, the owner of the store (1551 Johnston St #105, Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9)
  • Postcard Place, Granville Island: An entire store of just postcards (11-1666 Johnston St, Vancouver, BC V6H 3S2)
  • Regional Assembly of Text: Lots of letter-writing materials, some postcards (3934 Main St, Vancouver, BC V5V 3P2)
  • Science World Gift Shop: Solid selection of tourist postcards of Vancouver. (1455 Quebec St., Vancouver, BC. V6A 3Z7)
  • The Ocean Floor, Granville Island
  • The Raven And The Bear, Granville Island
  • Vancouver Art Gallery, Gallery Shop: The gallery shop has a couple of different rotating kiosks with single art-themed and/or art-related postcards, as well as various packaged sets of postcards amidst the large nook with boxed sets of notecards. (750 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2H7)

Victoria

• Cool As A Moose: a good selection of Lantern Press postcards (Victoria/Vancouver Island) plus assorted tourist postcards (1009 Government St, Victoria, BC V8W 1X6)
  • Regional Assembly of Text: Lots of letter-writing materials, some postcards (560 Johnson St #116, Victoria, BC V8W 3C6)
  • The Papery: Assorted stationery goods plus some postcards (734 Fort St, Victoria, BC V8W 1H2 - new location eff Nov 2020)

Alberta

• Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum gift shop: only a few designs but with dinosaurs (9301 112 Ave, Wembley, AB T0H 3S0)
  • Stony Plain Visitor Information Center: a very few designs (4815 44 Avenue, Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1V5)
  • Multicultural Heritage Centre: lots of postcards and also some free ad cards (5411 51 St, Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1X7)
  • Edmonton Valley Zoo gift shop: a few 3D designs (13315 Buena Vista Road &, 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7)
  • Muttart Conservatory gift shop: lots of beautiful postcards (9626 96a St NW, Edmonton, AB T6C 4L8)
  • West Edmonton Coin & Stamp: some postcards and huge number of old stamps (8882 170 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5T 4J2)
  • Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village gift shop: few postcards (195041 Highway 16 East, Lamont County, AB)
  • Reynold’s Museum Gift Shop : vehicle related postcards (Wetaskawin, AB)
  • Mayerthorpe Visitor Centre: some postcards designs (4602 52 St Mayerthorpe, AB)
  • Banff gift shops: almost every shop there has some postcards (Banff, AB)
  • Jasper gift shops: almost every shop there has some postcards (Jasper, AB)

Ontario

Ottawa

Manitoba

Winnipeg

• Two Rivers on the first floor, Forks Trading Company on the 2nd floor: Generic touristy postcards of Canada and specific to Winnipeg and Manitoba. (1 Forks Market Road)
  • Teekca’s Aboriginal Boutique at The Forks, 2nd floor: Indigenous art, and old pictures of Indigenous peoples (1 Forks Market Road)
  • Hallmark: Generic touristy postcards of Canada and specific to Manitoba and Winnipeg (various locations)
  • Canadian Museum for Human Rights (85 Israel Asper Way)

Morden

• Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre (111 B Gilmour St, Morden MB R6M 1N9)

Saskatchewan

Saskatoon

• Remai Modern Gift Shop: Remai Modern branded postcards and other art oriented postcards (102 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0L3)

Etsy (Online)

11 Likes

Good partial list Adam, you should add the online ones to the main wiki under Canada so it’s easily available to people down the road.

You can also purchase postcards in person at Canada Post offices. There is a good variety to choose from and they come postage paid (international rates). You basically pay for the international postal rate and get the postcard free. Some of the stamps match the picture on the front of the card too!

1 Like

Yes I have purchased a postcard from a nearby postcard printing service. There are varieties of postcard designs available in that store

1 Like

Hey!
I live in Canada and I am having a hard time finding postcards to send anyone have any suggestions
P

1 Like

You can check in North America section

You can also buy online https://www.pcfsouvenirs.com/
I love receiving cards sold by that company. They are beautiful.

Sent you a pm

Thanks these are beautiful

I highly recommend @Stinkypaw ’s online postcard shop:

2 Likes

Send me your address in a PM & I will send you (4) postcards from Canada…FREE

Where in Canada do you live? We have started a listing at the top of this topic of local businesses and some online shops here in Canada where you can find postcards. It is group sourced, so the more people who add to the list, the more complete it will become.

I have a personal list going of shops in Toronto, should I list here and someone else will add up top or should I edit the original post directly?

1 Like

You can add it directly to the top post—thanks for helping fill it out!