Best site to keep photos of postcards?

Hey,

I’ve suddenly come into possession of a fairly excessive amount of postcards (both my mother and my grandmother decided, irrespective of each other, to very kindly go and buy me at least 50 postcards each). I’d like to upload them to an image hosting site so that people I trade/swap with can look through it and see what I’ve got. What is a good site for this - preferably one where I can organise via subject matter/location?

Thank you <3

I use zonerama.com.
tanicards | Zonerama.com

1 Like

Also there was some discussion here: Best site to keep photos of postcards?

5 Likes

Zonerama…

Zonerama looks useful, but it seems they only support jpgs. I have almost all of my scans in png, time to do a mass conversion it seems.

1 Like

Hello postcrossers!
I’m not sure if there is already a thread about this topic, but I couldn’t find it, so I’ll post my question here.
What free online photo gallery do you recommend to organize and display your available postcards for private exchanges? You know, when you are arrenging a swap and you want to show your offers to the other person.
All opinions and suggestions are very much appreciated!

1 Like

There’s a thread here where people discussed several options:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I am looking to Zonerama but I can’t find how to have more than one album for a photo? Like Google photos do. is that possible? - e.g. a maxi card that needs to be in the maxi card album as well as the Australia album as well as the Disney album. Is there another site ( not google) that does this?

2 Likes

I’m having this same issue, I need to upload the photo X times, once in one album, once in another album…it would be easier just to tick in how many albums that picture should appear…

Second issue I’m having in Zonerama is I’m not able to write under the pictures anymore, the option is not there (it was when I opened the account but then it disappeared)
Has anyone else encountered this sane issue?

I started to use Flickr, free until 1000 photos , easy to use ^^

I just upload it twice

Hi, guys!

I am a rookie in trading postcards. I would like to make my own album to exchange here in the forum with others users but I don’t know what platform use for that.

I have seen that some people use Flickr profiles and upload their postcards there. Others use Facebook, Twitter, Google accounts to show their postal hauls. I have also read that users from Asia use image hosting sites from that area… Which one is the best? Which one do you use?

I only need two things: It has to be accessible to as many countries as possible and being easy to access and upload photos and show the content to other users here.

Thanks, have a nice week!

1 Like

I personally use Zonerama

2 Likes

How did you do that?? You need high programming skills??
I am looking for a website for trading postcards and I agree with all your reasons.

There are multiple gallery softwares one may use, quite a few with open source code for free usage. That’s what I do. I already had web space hosted where the software was installed then. No programming skills needed, but a bit of computer knowledge. If that’s the case, it’s completely free. But there is also the option to pay for hosted (and supported) versions.

1 Like

It sounds hard… My computer skills (and incomes) are low.
I think I will use some website like Flick or Zonerama, free, easy and popular.
Thanks for your attention.

Zonerama is a great option for larger collections!

1 Like

Yes, I agree. Nowadays my collection is tiny (I have just only a few postcards from Madrid) but I am organizing some ideas and I think I am going to focus in some artistic styles and photographs.
Wish me good luck! xD

Instagram.
Find me there @BlueWaveWords