Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

Oh I wouldn’t ask him to break the rules. I wouldn’t want to put him in a position where he would feel uncomfortable.

1 Like

All my cards to Russia so far have arrived. Usually between 15 and 40 days. But I have one sitting on 80 just now.

Oh my goodness.
You’re pretty lucky with only having 2 expired cards in one year.
I got to postcrossing in September 2020 (as you) and already had 8 expired postcards + 3 expired postcards that are still on their way.

1 Like

My cards lately are reaching Russia faster than ever, like 21 days.
But they are slow and lost to places in Europe like the Netherlands…

Yes, 2 is nothing, of course it depends on how much you send too (edit, just checked and @jm143 has send quite a lot for only one year… sending that much and having only 2 expired is nothing short of a miracle, especially in 2020/21. I definitely send less than 100 a year and I currently have 9 expired, was 11 at some point but a few dropped off the system and some more expired joined them).
@itslovelyhoneymoon the last year has been worse because of the pandemic. But I am sure I still had more than 2 in my first year, maybe 4 or 5. And yes many of them were to Russia because I used repeated countries a lot.
And expired still means they can make it so maybe those 2 will be received still.

@elikoa, thanks for the perspective! I try to keep as many cards traveling as I can. Russia and China have reminded me to be patient and grateful that so many are eventually reaching their intended destinations. Won’t it be great to see one of the past-60-day-expired cards eventually arrive!?

They is not unheard of, especially indeed with China and Russia! And it’s so exciting when it happens! You might be super lucky and even those 2 might arrive!

one of my first cards, which was to Russia, was logged a couple of days ago - 163 days travelling. The member logged a heap of cards at once, so I think they hadn’t had a chance to be online for a while. But I was surprised by they hurray message - I didn’t expect that.

Earlier this year, 2 or 3 postcards reached Russia in just 11 days. I thought that was really good going, but this one was registered today and took only 10 days (UK-Russia).

2 Likes

My postcards to Russia took awhile but it was a little under a month. But they are getting there :slight_smile:

One of my cards to Russia took 64 days to arrive via air mail,
recently I sent a card to Russia via SAL it took only a month :joy:
They are getting there anyway :smiley:

1 Like

I still didn’t get postcards from @Kot12. But I see that there might be an issue just simply with Russian post, so I didn’t loose all hope.

1 Like

My cards to Russia from the UK take ages, at the moment out of 12 travelling, 4 are going to Russia, of which one expires tomorrow and one expires in 3 days for which I don’t hold out much hope either. The other 2 are on 20 days and 9 days. I mailed the recipient of the card due to expire tomorrow in case they had actually received it, they hadn’t registered anything received for 6 weeks but had been active, nil response. The next card is due to expire in 3 days, once again the recipient hasn’t registered anything for 6 weeks and has not been seen for over a month. I won’t be sending any duplicates which I think is a waste of time. So disappointing really, off topic one other card this time sent to the US is now traveling 40 days to a user who last registered a card in 2018 and has no Profile, what’s that all about ! Why would you want no profile at all, hmmm ?

1 Like

I’m waiting on @Kot12 too and all my cards to Russia arrived very quickly, even in faraway places, but now I’ve got a card that’s been traveling quite some time. Where did you read about the problem?

2 Likes

This whole topic is dedicated to it.:joy:
But it attracted my attention when a girl who sent official to me contacted me. Her postcard expired and I haven’t received it yet. I have the same situation with postcard travelling to Russia…
What’s going on?:thinking:

Oh like that :joy::joy::joy::joy: I thought subserving happened lately, as even during visiting this topic I haven’t had any problems before :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

In August, 13 of my postcards reached Russia with an average travel time of 18 days (from the UK). I still think that’s pretty good going.

I currently have 6 cards travelling there, and the longest has been travelling for 21 days.

Some people may be very concerned about privacy. I know it’s a very positive way to interpret it, but I’ve actually had people with empty profiles write me overly joyful hurray messages. :slight_smile:

On topic, I don’t have a problem with Russia at the moment. My problem country is Australia at the moment. :smiley:

1 Like

I understand, but I’d still like to know if I’m writing to a man or a woman and that may also affect the type of card I send, half the fun is to try and match a card to a profile and with no profile that goes out of the window. Best Wishes, D

Cards to Russia can take some time. They take even more time, if you do not send them by air mail. And if you chose Universal Mail instead of Royal Mail they may take very very long.

1 Like

Thanks, I send everything by air, never use Universal mail , Regards D

1 Like