Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

Thanks. Please let me know if there are any other tips or devisings.

I hope they don’t leave those countries out! Russia is one of the most reliable and fastest countries for postcards for me (I live in Mongolia).

3 Likes

Unfortunately several of my postcards to Russia did not arrive and expired (during the whole year) and now postcrossing blocked my account until they arrive and asked my to send them again - I don’t think this is the appropriate way to handle this - I am really disappointed.

5 Likes

What did you write? My ones usually arrive within four weeks and I send from Germany, too.

I have several postcards that travel to Russia and it does not bother me, even when it takes more than 3 months. My postcards always arrive, they just take their time.
I even enabled the repeated countries to have several Russian addresses and facilitate the work of the algorithm.

2 Likes

I looked at your sent cards and the last one you sent to Russia that was registered you sent in early November last year. It’s tremendous bad luck on your part that this has gone wrong for you, because, as others have said, they do generally arrive even if they take their time.

From what I understand, you will only need one or two of your cards sent to Russia to be registered and your account will be unblocked. I would consider sending a second card to those recipients who are still active in postcrossing. I.e. Logging on and registering postcards regularly. Don’t bother to send a second one to those who haven’t logged in for months.

In the meantime, you might find this thread helpful:

3 Likes

I wonder what the admins feel about Certificates of Posting? Royal Mail still issues them free at the counter for instance. USPS charges a fee but if you send at least three cards up to a max of 50 it is a rather affordable 57 cents per card. If you have proof the cards were sent would they unlock your account? I know this is a moot point after the fact but for the future? This would be an official proof you sent the card rather than relying on the goodness of strangers to register your card, which we all know is a gamble. Postcrossing only requires proof of sending and not receipt right?
I mean any cards, not just to Russia.

2 Likes

My most recent official cards to Russia arrived in 22 and 24 days, I was pleasantly surprised as my first card took 84 days.

On the latter two cards I wrote the address in English but also printed out the address in Cyrillic, and glued it on, l assume that helped! x

2 Likes

I had 1 arrive in 28days this week another is about to expire
Who knows…

1 Like

A third has been registered

1 Like

Good afternoon. Maybe it’s just a coincidence. I am not so long on the site, but my postcards come within 10-25 days. Just be patient!

2 Likes

One of my postcards recently arrived in Russia after 72 days of travel. Keep hope!
I already said it but my postcards for Russia are slow but still arrive!

5 Likes

My postcards to Russia used to take very long, around the 50 days or so earlier this year, but this is what happened in the past few days:

Very happy they all made it! Those were the cards that were travelling the longest.

4 Likes

A fourth was registered today!

1 Like

301, 214 and 51 days and still traveling - my latest track record to Russia is not that good :frowning:
Hope the december cards will make it until the end of february (6 at the moment).

2 Likes

And there we go - all five have arrived

I drew another Russian address today (sending from Malaysia) so we shall see how long it takes!

5 Likes

I’m Happy , arrived in 54 days.

3 Likes

the third one is now expired. As the user is active that’s probably also a real loss. again.

1 Like

Does it work to put via Germany on postcards to Russia from USA?
Just wondering

3 Likes

Recently, postcards have been coming directly from the USA. Probably Christmas miracles

6 Likes