Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

Recently, postcards have been coming directly from the USA. Probably Christmas miracles

6 Likes

Yes it is , I live near the German border. And send a lot of mail from Germany to other countries. Almost every card arrives.

1 Like

One of my last postcards to Russia just arrived, in exactly 1 month. Which I think is not to bad, considering the winter holidays in between.
And in the last days I have received 4 cards from Russia, sent between 11/11 and 4/12. Sure they travel in batches.

2 Likes

I sent 3 cards to Russia 61 days ago, which have now expired, and yesterday another card to Russia. Too bad it takes so long for them to arrive

My cards to Russia (sent from Austria) are honestly taking ages.

Although having repeated countries switched on, as you can see only 2 out of 11 travelling postcards are headed on to Russia. But a new slot will open up in a few hours, due to the expiration of the card to Russia.

I’m pretty sure that I’m having a déjà-vu regarding my cards (still) travelling to the U.S. They are taking sooo long.
I paid an extra fee for being forwarded priority, but still this card is at 39 days of travelling as off today (2nd from the top)

3 Likes

New Zealand Post are now able to send mail to Russia. Mail was suspended around March 2022 due to logistical problems. My first card to Russia since 2022 arrived 4 January 2024 after travelling only 47 days. This is a little bit faster than pre-2022. I understand that Russia is not able to send to New Zealand at this stage.

10 Likes

Hello everyone! Today I suddenly received my first card from USA, without “via Germany”, just my pure Russian address. Here is the proof:

I will thank the sender personally, so almost everything is blurred. I am so glad! Maybe soon enough the restrictions will disappear :blush:

15 Likes

Hello Friends,
I wonder If you have the Same problem-my cards to Russia and Belarus do not arrive they all are expired.
Did you have the Same experience?

2 Likes

Hi @chris2006! Welcome to the forum!

It seems to be a common problem that cards take a long time to reach their destination in Russia and Belarus, but they do get there eventually. I’ve recently had cards arrive that I sent back in October!

Other than being patient, the only tip I can offer is printing or writing the address in Cyrillic if the recipient has offered it. Cards tend to arrive quicker that way, and seem to have a better chance of not being lost forever.

3 Likes

I’ve only been Postcrossing for 6 months so I can’t speak long term, but in that time I’ve had 3 official cards to Russia & 2 official cards to Belarus successfully delivered. I currently have two traveling. I’ve also received & sent Christmas cards with Russia & Belarus via Tags successfully.

The first card I sent to Russia I wrote the address in English & it took a long time (85 days) to be delivered, since then I’ve almost always printed out the addresses in ‘Russian’ Cyrillic and they have been delivered much more quickly (23-34 days) x

2 Likes

I feel it probably depends on the employees or just random luck. I sent two cards to the same person on the same day, one in English, one in Cyrillic. The one with address written in English arrived several days before the one written in Cyrillic. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

So i will be Patient, perhaps It was really Bad luck.

1 Like

Thanks for your replys🙂

1 Like

No. They may take 5 weeks or even longer, but most of them are registered.
I do not mention the Ukraine war, unless the recipient writes about it in their profile.Thus I hope to avoid , that the recipient feels blamed for that war, while they are perhaps against that war themselves.

2 Likes

I had my first card from Russia since 2022 arrive.

3 Likes

Feel free to browse and follow THIS POST in which I’ve been experimenting with getting cards into Russia using various routes.

2 Likes

Yes, my postcards are reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. There are also cases of non-attainment, but I also have those in the USA, Germany and here and there.

Very happy to hear that my postcard from France arrived in Russia after 117 days. It is a postcard from the Harry Potter universe, but apparently the owls aren’t faster than our factors. :smile:

10 Likes

Congratulations! That makes me feel hopeful for the two cards I have travelling from the Netherlands to Russia (97 and 61 days). I can’t send to Russia ordinarily but these are from Travel Mode!

2 Likes

72, 87, 83 and 117 days of travel for my last four postcards to Russia. So yes, you can keep hope for yours.

3 Likes