Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

These are the travel times of my most recent postcards to Russia:

Before the war, I fairly frequently had cards arriving there from just 11 days. Now, I don’t expect a card to arrive before 30 days. I think things are definitely slower.

4 Likes

Maybe it depends which route each countries post office uses to get post into Russia, now that there aren’t direct flights from most countries in the world.

6 Likes

I actually received a card from Russia for the first time in over 10 months now last week It arrived in 22 days which is actually extremely good.

2 Likes

I don’t think getting the mail to Russia is the long part although it may have become slower too. I checked my travel times and you are right, the times are a bit longer than they were before the war. I had a few postcards (rare but happened) registered in as few as 17 days. Now the lowest number is 25. But I still get plenty of times around 50 days, even around 90. Those times must be due to Russian post because I send in batches.

1 Like

Hahaha…guess because i am new here i was like …why they didnt arrived yet…like a little kid just waiting something really special…i’ll calm down :rofl:

10 Likes

That is for letters with printed addresses.

1 Like

Welcome to Postcrossing! When did you send them?
From me in the USA, cards to Russia used to take anywhere from 4-8 weeks. Mail was faster to Moscow and St. Petersburg, and smaller, more distant locations in remote Russia took much longer.
Now the US is not sending mail to Russia due to the war, so I don’t know anymore. Travel times vary from country to country. You can look at the recipient’s received cards and see how long it took other cards from Portugal to reach them.
It always feels slow when new to Postcrossing and waiting on those few cards. Enjoy, and have patience.

1 Like

I had a postcard from Germany to Russia that took 39 days to travel 1872 km.

Only two cards sent to Russia. They took 39 and 40 days to arrive.

A third one is travelling now 15 days.

I just received a post card from Moscow Russia. The cancel date is unreadable. The register date say 21 days travel time.

Previously, postcards from Great Britain went to Russia directly, through Moscow. The postcards reached me in about 14 days. Now they have come a long way. I was sent tracked mail. And I followed her path. The mail went through Turkey. She reached Turkey in about a week. And then I got stuck in Turkey for a month. Then she went to Moscow, and from there to me. It took about 50 days.

4 Likes

Yes, I had heard that was the route our post was taking. Others go through some place in the Middle East (Abu Dhabi?), and others through somewhere like Kazakhstan. There are probably other routes.

Interesting that you had tracked mail, so you could follow the route. And interesting that there was such a long delay in Turkey. Because that then makes sense of my figures too.

2 Likes

Still, it is a little bit frustrating.
4 of my 10 travelling cards are on their way to Russia (and yes, I have the the “multiple cards to one country”-preference unchecked) with the prospect of “blocking” slots for several weeks.
This might not be an issue if you have dozens of slots available, but with only 10 slots and 50% of cards en route to Russia/Belarus…
1 has been travelling to Saint-Petersburg for 7 weeks now and at this point, I´m just counting the days until its expired.

5 Likes

That is true, but all participants with lots of slots went through this.

4 Likes

Yes, the cards to Russia arrived within a month of posting from Malaysia. I got a fellow postcrosser to mail it out from Malaysia as Singapore currently has no postal services to Russia.

I’m in the USA and I’ve had two shipped to Russia only one was received but I’ve received like three or four postcards from Russia already

Most of my cards from overseas reach me within a month. Recently the delivery has speeded up a little and some cards arrive even in 14-20 days.

6 Likes

I’m going to send a card to Ukraine.
Is there any tips or devisings to be delivered in safe as possible?

As I learned from somewhere in this forum, writing message of wishing the end of the war is not a problem. (During the wartime in Japan, people was punished when they wish peace. So I was afraid of the same thing.)

Of course, I know it’s very important to write the address cleary and stick stamps with proper price.

@kyankyan postcards from Japan to Ukraine are delivered without problems.

If you are worried about the text that will be in the postcard, then there should be no problems with this (wishes for peace and victory for Ukraine are always good words that are appreciated by Ukrainians).

2 Likes

Ive drawn quite a few Russian addresses in recent months and they did seem to be struggling
However they are arriving - average travel times 45 days

3 Likes