Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

Thanks Aina

1 Like

Didnā€™t think I could use any stamps other than Royal Mail; thanks Ralf Iā€™ll look into that

Some of them are.
But some were forced to abandon postcrossing because these countries are expensive as compared with Russia

1 Like

I understand the situation in Ukraine I have two that have been sitting for more than 40 days going to Ukraine and as far as Russia goes Iā€™ve received three postcards from Russia and send two both got registered.

I had a lovely message from a lady in Sevastapol yesterday who had finally received my envelope. So pleased it arrived safely

4 Likes

My cards sent to Russia take either ages to arrive or do never arrive. Itā€™s sad but lately kinda annoying too because there are so many Russian Postcrossers and many of my cards never arrived. So i wont get one back either. I donā€™t like sending cards thereā€¦

4 Likes

I draw a lot of russian adresses and all cards normally traveling for 30 - 60 days, but some expire and some get lost.
I heard that cards inside of Russia usually are transported by truck, so thatā€™s why they can travel for weeks or even months, but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s true.
Iā€™m patient, because we canā€™t change anything about it and some miracles happen (the shortest travel time for a card to Russia was 17 days). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Half of my travelling cards are currently going to Russia but until now all of them made it safely to their destination. Yesterday one of my expired cards to Russia was registered after travelling for 240 days, I was so happy! Funnily most of my presumably lost cards were going to USA

6 Likes

Very sensitive topic but i need to ask anyway.

Why the cards to russia has troubles to arrive?

I am new at this plataform and I already sent lots of cards to Russia. They dont arrive. Thats not funny.

Hi Claudia,

To be honest I donā€™t know if this delay was happening also before the war, because I joinned postcrossing this year also. But I would say it is because this situation to be honest. Plus that I think it also depends to where are you sending it, Russia is very big country.

In my case most of them takes very long to arrive but people usually received them after Ā±90 days, so do not worry because they will receive your poscards and you will know it, even if they expired it is not something that will penalize you about receiving postcards.

3 Likes

My postcards to Russia take between 9 and 81 days. But so far everything has arrived. As already mentioned, it probably also depends on the location: Moscow or Siberia.

You have to learn to be patient, especially at the beginning. :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

As russian, I personally donā€™t see any difference and have 163/162 of sent/received cards. Are people active in their profiles? If yes than just be patient, if notā€¦well, thatā€™s part of postcrossing. I also have expired cards to other countriesā€¦and sometimes I check profiles and people havenā€™t been online for more than 30+ days.

Anyway, if percent of lost/unregistered cards was actually big I believe Postcrossing would have blocked our addresses the same way it had happened to China during Pandemic. That means the percent is really not that big.

6 Likes

Two of my recently cards sent from Taiwan reached Russia.

I have three more on the way

1 Like

My postcards are mostly reaching Russia (only sometimes I needed to sent a 2nd card), but the normal travel time can take up to 30 - 60 days.
But this is the game of Postcrossing, that you have to wait longer for some cards :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My latest ten cards to Russia took
21 days to Moscow,
25 days to Novokuznedzk,
50 days to Krasnodar,
91 days to Moscow,
19 days to Syktyvkar,
19 days to Stavropol,
44 days to Murmansk,
42 days to Vekhnyaya Sada (Siberia),
19 days to Samara and
25 days to Moscow.
So the only card to Siberia took the 4th longest, while cards to Moscow took the shortest and the longest.

My first ten cards to Russia, 10 years ago, took
16 days to Moscow,
19 days to St. Petersburg,
22 days to St. Petersburg,
14 days to Wolgograd,
11 days to Moscow,
18 days to Moscow,
26 days to Armavir,
21 days to Solnechnogorsk,
25 days to Moscow and
23 days to Moscow.
So the vast majority of my cards to Russia go to some place west of the Urals and they now take longer than ten years ago.

My fastest cards to Russia took eight days and travelled to Moscow in September 2021 (two of them) and August 2020, but my fastest to Siberia took also just 9 days to Novosibirsk back in October 2020 and a card to Novodivinsk near Archangelsk took also just nine days back in September 2021.

5 Likes

Postcards to Russia have always travelled long. I havenā€™t noticed any change since the war. They donā€™t seem to get lost more than in other countries though so I wouldnā€™t worry too much :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The median travel time of the cards I sent to Russia this year is 29 days. In 2013 (excluding December as that isnā€™t included in this yearā€™s sample either), it was 26. This aligns quite nicely with how it feels to me: things are a bit slower, but not dramatically - and most importantly, cards still arrive just fine.

By the way, I currently have four expired postcards to Russia, but five to the US and seven to China. So Russia is really doing quite nicely in comparison. :wink:

8 Likes

Of those 16 cards, how many are to people who have been inactive since you posted them (as opposed to ā€˜lostā€™)?

I have two cards on their way to Russia almost hitting the 30 days mark. The official statement of the German postal service says 8 to 16 working days but that doesnā€˜t seem to be reliable.
I hope my more recent cards to Russia will be a bit faster. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

These are the travel times of my most recent postcards to Russia:

Before the war, I fairly frequently had cards arriving there from just 11 days. Now, I donā€™t expect a card to arrive before 30 days. I think things are definitely slower.

4 Likes