Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

I currently have one expired card to Russia, this person has been online, but registers cards it seems as she gets them, so maybe it’s taking more time than usual. But I have another card going to Russia and that is a different situation. It’s almost expired on 58 days now. But the person hasn’t been online in 26 days and has not registered anything since 24/Dec/2020. I don’t know what to think of it… Has he been active/non-active or is he not registering or has he lost interest?

I have 10 more cards going to Russia and I am hoping they will get registered.

3 Likes

I’m curious if any of our Russian members have now relocated to Turkey, Georgia etc and are actively sending & receiving cards with a revised address? I think it would be nice to have more cards sent from those places!

This is not a political question but purely a practical one. The same issue is happening with post being sent to Russia i.e. it’s not getting there. Should we suspend Postcrossing to Russia until things have settled? There is no point in generating through the Postcrossing algorithm a card to be sent to Russia if the chances are that it won’t arrive. It’s costly for members. This is a constructive practical question and not intended to spark off any political debate.

My postcards are arriving in Russia. Five of mine have been registered this month. Just as, to get this thread back on track, the vast majority of my postcards to China have been registered.

1 Like

I have sent quite a lot of postcards to Russia recently, all of which have arrived at their destination in reasonable time (only 2 expired - same amount to Germany, by the way). :woman_shrugging:t3:
I.e.: they ARE getting there.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @mr100uk :laughing:

I moved the last 3 posts from Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension) to here.

Many thanks Bille

Don’t think they are from the UK though - although happy to stand corrected

I don’t think mail is getting to Russia from UK at the moment though - but hopefully I’m wrong and someone can correct me on here who lives in the UK

I live in the UK. Believe me, it’s getting there.

5 Likes

Mail wasn’t getting there for a while around the time of the cyber attack, but it seems to be now, with around 30 days delivery time - more if going to the east.

I’ve a couple of expired ones left, but that is normal for Russia, in my opinion.

When did you send the cards that you have stuck?

1 Like

Have you actually sent any to Russia recently? I can understand if you recently drew some Russian addresses, that you might be feeling frustrated. But I notice you haven’t had an official postcard registered since 2019, so maybe you’re basing your comment on hearsay rather than personal experience.

1 Like

Hello Michael.
Russian participants have the same problem. Outgoing mail is very slow and the postage is quite high. So we are all in the same boat and I can see no reason for suspending Postcrossing to Russia.
Alternatively, you can temporarily suspend your official exchange, and use exchange through the forum. There are a lot of games and exchange themes here, and you can choose the country :slight_smile:
Good luck and sorry for my poor English.

8 Likes

My card to Russia took 44 days. (From India)

Mine are arriving too.

1 Like

How many cards do you have travelling to Russia and how many days so far? Before the war I think cards from the US often took a month or 2, faster when going to a big city. So I’d suggest just be patient, your cards will get delivered!

Delivered but very slow. In April I received 3 postcards from the UK - one from official (71 days) and 2 from the forum - 40 days and 81 days.

I just received 2 card from the same person in Russia. One posted on 30/01/23 and the sender posted a second card on 09/03/23 and they both arrived this week at the same time!!

1 Like

Did you put stamps from Royal Mail on your cards, or did you choose stamos from Universal Mail? Universal Mail is notoriously slow.

Surprisingly mail to Russia from Malaysia has been reaching successfully many times recently and it takes only 40-50 days to reach there. (based on my data from other postcard exchange sites) That’s honestly super fast given that Malaysia ‘cannot’ send to Russia based on Pos Malaysia’s list

Add on: Only one card ever was expired, meanwhile there are plenty that expired for my own country lol

2 Likes