April 6, 2024 - Springfield VA Meetup: SPRINGPEX Stamp Show

Hello there - so excited about the event. I do not have 10 meetup cards for the raffle. Would postcards from other countries acceptable?

I meant to say - non-meet-up cards from other countries acceptable for the raffle?

Hello Owney! Yes, the 10 received cards that I’m speaking of are any postcards that you have received from other countries through Postcrossing. Can’t wait to meet you! :blush:

@suerae Thank you so much for putting on such an amazing meetup today! As a relatively new postcrosser it was my very first meetup, but I heard others who have been around longer say it was the most organized meetup they’ve been to. Your postcard cookies were not only absolutely beautiful but delicious, your organization of the card stamping and games was great, and your prizes were fun and generous!

Thank you to everyone else for all of their goodies… @ave with the vintage stamps as well as everyone who donated to an overflowing free table! I had to tear myself away at some point… there was just so many amazing postcards, stickers, and washi!

I had a great time, and I’ll see some of you at the June 8 McLean event!

3 Likes

It was lots of fun seeing some familiar faces and meeting so many new folks this morning. Thanks again so much @suerae for all your hard work! Can’t wait to do it all again soon :wink: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Huge thanks to Sue for organizing such an enjoyable event and for everyone’s good spirits as we stamped and circulated all those cards! So pleased to see that folks liked the vintage stamps, and feel free to contact me if you need any more at any point, I love sharing them with other Postcrossers. Cheers, Matt / ave

1 Like

I can send you one. Could you please send me your address?

2 Likes

Thanks but someone has already agreed to do that!

Wonderful meetup. Thanks for organizing. Nice seeing new and past faces. The postcrosding community is awesome. You can quote me on that.

1 Like

I was at the show yesterday and stumbled across the meetup room and was unfamiliar with PostCrossing. The man outside encouraged me to join and I’ve already sent out my first cards. Hoping I’ll have amassed cards to participate in the next VA meetup.

4 Likes

@Executebravo @Asiya- @ave @EttaHenry @hanayu2001 @jasperreads @jiaxi0127 @jsscm @klukacs @Marcie24 @Nayomi @neighborino @nojokeva @Owney @potatertot @soupercaitlin @stellastarship @susank16 @tanbg17 @suerae

Thank you so much for coming to the meetup this last Saturday! It was so much fun to meet all of you and we had PERFECT ATTENDANCE!

The Springfield Stamp Club couldn’t have been more excited about having us at the stamp show. They were very happy that a number of us joined the stamp club and visited the show! And…we were invited back for next year that very afternoon!

You can still sign up for the Round Robin and complete the Looking Forward questionnaire by using the QR codes provided at the meetup or use the links below through this coming Friday.

Link for Round Robin

Link for Looking Forward

Happy Postcrossing!!! Hoping to see you at NAPEX! :blush:

Sue (suerae)

4 Likes

Hi! I can also send you a meetup card! I’ll direct message you so we can exchange addresses. I’d love a photo party card! suerae

Hi! So glad you decided to join Postcrossing! I think you’ll really enjoy the connections! So many nice Postcrossers! You may have spoken to my husband who helped me with the meetup by registering folks and answering questions! And hopefully you’ll be able to join us next year! :blush:suerae

1 Like

I’m going to leave the link to the NAPEX meetup in case anyone isn’t able to find it! I know a handful of people are already planning on going :smiling_face: Looking forward to seeing some of y’all in June!

2 Likes

I’m registered! :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

@jasperreads @Klukacs @potatertot @ave @Nayomi @jsscm @Marcie24 @Asiya- @soupercaitlin @Executebravo @Owney @tanbg17 @stellastarship @susank16 @suerae

Hello Round Robin Participants! I just emailed you everyone’s address and some directions.If you don’t see it, check your junk mail! :blush:

My email is rae.brinner@yahoo.com

Sue

4 Likes

Thanks for posting.

Hi Matt!! Thanks so much for sending me more vintage stamps! It’s been a whirlwind since the meetup! Sorry I didn’t send my thank yous sooner!!! Sue :blush::blush::blush:

Hello Krel33! I’m sorry that I’m sending this note so late! I was wondering if you’d like me to send you one of the meetup cards from the Springfield meetup? Just need your address! I was the organizer for the meetup at the stamp show. Hope you can attend the meetup next year! We’ve been invited back! suerae😊

Hello Springfield Round Robin Participants! I just finished the last of my postcards to all of you!!! And I’ve received several very nice postcards and notes from several of you! This is just a reminder to try to get your postcards out to the group soon! (Sharon S. gets extra time as she recently broke her shoulder!) :slightly_frowning_face:

Looking forward to seeing a number of you at NAPEX! It will be here before we know it!

2 Likes