Aberdeen WA Meet up February 17th 2024 (In honor of Kurt Cobain)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Aberdeen Washington
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Aberdeen Timberland Library; Rosalie N. Spellman Large meeting room
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, Febuary 17th 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:30 - 3 pm (No early arrivals)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Updated Febuary 4th

Address: 121 E Market St, Aberdeen, WA 98520

This event is being co-hosted with a good friend of mine @MuddyPawsPost .

This meet up will be held in Aberdeen Washington (the birthplace of Kurt Cobain) in honor of his 57th birthday (Febuary 20th 1967). A 4x6 special Kurt Cobain / Postcrossing meet up card will be designed and avalable for purchase.

This Building is ADA accessable
Please RSVP the room capacity is 60! I do have 5 spots reserved just in case.

Activities and details

• Meet up cards will be left out for attendees to sign; this is optional but highly encouraged. Please remeber to bring your personalized stamp for easy signing.
  • A free Take some, Leave some table will be set up. Leave cards you dont want and grab ones you like!
  • I will have an outgoing box for postcards to be sent out (so you dont have to scramblde to find a post box)
  • I am partnered with the Bulungi Child Foundation (Orphanage in Uganda); there will be a list of children (Names, age, gender and likes) you can write a postcard to that I will be adding to a care package.
  • Based on the interest, I’d like to carpool and take a group photo at the “Welcome to Aberdeen come as you are” sign but we will do one in the library!
  • Prizes will be distributed for Longest distance travelled and possibly a couple raffles!
  • Feel free to bring some simple snacks (this is a library and we dont want to do lots of cleaning at the end)
  • I have invited my stamp dealer Bob Beall to the event; while he has not confirmed his attendance, im hoping he can bring some stamps to sell and maybe share a tidbit about his work.

Here is our official meet up card front and back!!

UPDATED
Cards are now $0.25 each / 10 = $2.50 / 25 = $6.25 and so on
Preorder Limit: 20 Per person (Any extras can be purchased at the meet up)

Cashapp $BuzelBee / Venmo @CharissaBKee

Please bring the following

• Personal stamp
  • Postcards
  • Pens / WashiTape / Statonary / Etc.
  • Postage
  • Exact cash if you want to purchase postcards (change not guaranteed)

Please dont hesitate to ask any questions!

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

18 Likes

Oh this is a phenomenal idea, can’t wait to attend! I’ll take 25 cards. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay!! I cant wait to have you attend and do another meet up with you!

1 Like

30 cards please.

3 Likes

I’m excited! It’ll be nice to take a nice day trip somewhere new in February!

I’ll take 10 cards.

2 Likes

Greg and I will be there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll take 20 meet up postcards, please.

2 Likes

I’ll be in the area around that time and I’d love to attend! I would like 15 cards please :blush:

2 Likes

Cant wait to see you guys again!

1 Like

Thanks for hosting; I’d love to attend. Ten cards, please. Would you take PayPal or cash?

2 Likes

Looking forward to this meetup, I’ll take 15 cards.

2 Likes

Looking forward to a day trip to Aberdeen! Sign me up for 20 cards please. See you then.

3 Likes

@Buzel Have you printed the cards yet? A cool design. I suggest adding From ___________ to the back to be sure everyone includes that. So frustrating to receive a meetup card from an unknown person! :slight_smile: :grin:

3 Likes

I can do either; I wasn’t advertising paypal since I don’t use it often. its @CharissaBK

1 Like

I will be there and would like 10 meetup cards.

1 Like

I would love to attend this meetup as I will be in Washington at that time. I would like 25 meetup cards, please. Thank you.

1 Like

Spectacular. I’m not sure I could make it as I’m in Michigan, but you’re unlikely to find a bigger Nirvana fan on Postcrossing than me!

6 Likes

I’d love to come! I’d take 10 cards please!

2 Likes

I Love it!

Excited to join you all at this meetup! I would like 20 cards, please, if you are taking requests! Thank you!

2 Likes