6 November 2022 - Montreal meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Montreal
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Bar Tipsy Cow 3575 Park Ave, Montreal, Quebec H2X 3P9
:calendar: DATE: 6 November 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 2 pm ET
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Get together after the Nuphilex stamp show

Since the Nuphilex stamp show is happening in Montreal on Nov 6 I thought it might be a good opportunity to have a meetup. I chose the location due to its proximity to the show. I have never been to the Tipsy Cow Bar. Fingers crossed it’s ok.

The plan is to have a bite to eat and a drink, say hello, and sign cards. I’m assuming this place will not be too crowded at 2 pm on a Sunday, but there might be a soccer game I’m not aware of. I’ve never been to a meetup, so suggestions are welcome.

Update 20 Oct: The cards are printed and in my possesion :grinning:

I will have them with me at the meetup, available to purchase.
CAD $8 for 50, $2 for 10.

Please RSVP if possible so I can ask for an adequate table for the group. Right now it looks like we will be about 10 people. :grinning:

5 Likes

Help spread the word about the Montreal meetup 6 Nov 2022 :slightly_smiling_face:

@JasonDavid @France-Montreal @LaurenceB @halflingstory @roxy

Not sure how to invite local people, so I’m tagging people I’ve seen in the forum who are located in the Montreal/Ottawa area. Hope that’s ok.

5 Likes

Yay!! I’m definitely going to try to make it :grin::grin:

2 Likes

And I will share on the Postcrossing Quebec Facebook group!

3 Likes

@christinec, @DorH FYI!

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be able to make it but I hope everyone has a great time!

1 Like

Oh amazing, thanks so much for tagging me! I’ve been wanting to join a meet-up but haven’t come across any. This sounds like so much fun!

@mdmsamm I know you’re in Ontario, but I thought you might like to know about this as well! :blush:

2 Likes

@ykarenes Karen, I created an event on Postcrossing Canada (FB), where I copied the link to this post.

2 Likes

Thank you @stinkypaw. It looks like we’ll have a nice little group :grinning:

Here is the meetup card in progress:

8 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

I love it!!

1 Like

Can we swap

1 Like

I’d love to swap :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m happy to swap. I’ll send PMs. Thanks!

Hi! My name is Ruxandra Atanasie. I would like to participate. Can I have an invitation, please?
Thank you

Hi @Ruxandra, Nice to meet you!

There is no formal invitation - the meeting is in a public place open to all. You are invited! RSVPs will allow me to ask that a table be set up for us, but beyond that there’s no formal setup . I’ve never been to a meetup before so I am making this up as I go :blush:

Meetups sound fun so I’m doing my best to cobble one together since I haven’t seen one happen in Montreal since I joined.

I’m having the meetup cards shown above printed and will have them available for sale at the event.

The stamp show I’ve referred to is https://www.nuphilex.com/

I will send you a PM. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

these are so very pretty! great job on the design!

• kristen from the boston area

@kristencat thank you so much :blush:
You are welcome to join us! Feel like a road trip to Montreal?

thinking about it, but probably won’t be able to do it. :frowning: maybe a swap?

Hi Karen,
Nice to meet you too. That’s so nice of you to create this meetup (even if cobbled together LOL) I can’t wait. We are supposed to meet at 2 pm, right? May I order 30 cards, please? Thanks a lot
Have a great afternoon
Ruxandra

1 Like