Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Cards received today:

From @moneill - I agree. She is a badass but her choice for a political party and leader is questionable.

From @tinkerstorm - Happy Fall to you as well! All leaves are off the trees here. Love key lime pies, especially with a huge mountain of meringue on top.

Thank you both!!

2 Likes

One more in the bottom of the pile.

From @simplyrubies - Oh wow, never heard that fact before. Hope they eventually name a new street after him. I was signed up for a run last September but broke my ankle 3 days before from falling backwards on a treadmill. Will have to make sure I can go next year. Thank you for the card!!

2 Likes

Hi @tinkerstorm, thank you for the funny cartoon card! I donā€™t think there is a Canadianism that means something is different but looks exactly the same. But I know a lot of slang is regional, so maybe it just doesnā€™t exist in my part of BC (but it does elsewhere in the country?)

2 Likes

Received:
Bird card from the Animal Box series - from @simplyrubies. Thank you! Good luck with your cardigan :slight_smile:

Lake Superior park card from @faithjohnson, thanks.
We just come back from a trip to Europe, so we didnā€™t yet have a chance to enjoy Ontarioā€™s colorful Fall.

Van Gogh card from @MailingLlama. Thank you!
I saw this painting in Paris during our first trip to France.

2 Likes

Apologies for delayed reporting of received cards - am recovering from surgery and behind on everything. Half my Oct cards have been mailed and will try to get the rest out shortly.

Thanks @helloleah27 for the WPD card and fun stickers. My kids are looking forward to Halloween and are making elaborate costume plans.

Thanks @MailingLlama for the Van Gogh card - great stamp too! I did an arts degree in my undergrad and managed to avoid chemistry lol

Thank you @LaurenceB for the polar bear card from the aquarium. I took my girls to that aquarium when they were young - we had a great time. Too bad your toddler didnā€™t enjoy apple picking. Iā€™d planned to take my girls this weekend but am unfortunately laid up.

Thank you @tinkerstorm for your card. Sorry to hear you and your partner were ill - hope you have fully recovered and are having a great month of festivities.

And finally thank you @evank for the always fun envelope with cards, stickers and tea! And love the greeting in Afrikaans! I used to be able to say I could speak 4 languages, but a couple of those are pretty rusty these days.

2 Likes

I would like to participate in November.

I created a meetup in Montreal after the Nuphilex stamp show Nov 9, which would be perfect timing to write cards, especially if I end up sitting in the Tipsy Cow Bar by myself. :sunglasses:

Iā€™m new to this RR, so I just sent my address to @stinkypaw.

Looking forward to sending cards across the country. I love receiving Canada stamps on cards!

2 Likes

Received three cards yesterday.
Thanks to @garvey for the awesome and mystical glow-in-the-dark card. What a nice magical scene! I hope you enjoyed your time overseas.

A beautiful Thanksgiving card from @faithjohnson. Thank you, Faith, and yes, I am making time to rest and take care of myself amidst all the busyness. Thanks for the reminder.

A very nicely packaged postcard letter from @LaurenceB. Thank you, friend. A reply letter will be coming soon, and best of luck in getting the Halloween decorations up.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve received funny animal actors card from @moneill. Thank you for the card and interesting facts

1 Like

My October cards mailed today :mailbox_with_mail::m:

1 Like

In for November please.

1 Like

@garvey thank you for the card! Unfortunately itā€™s dark and cloudy today so I have to wait to see what it doesšŸ˜© will report back!

1 Like

Received three cards today:
A card featuring a summery view of Outaouais from @JasonDavid. Thank you Jason, and I will keep in mind your tips for my upcoming trip in the wintertime. I hope you are taking in the fall colours as they are breathtaking.

Drew Habour, Quadra Island looks lovely @moneill. Thank you for the card, and best of luck with the increased workload at this time of year! I hope you get many jabs in arms ahead of the flu season.

My very first WPD 2022 winning design card from @farmgirll. Thank you, Crystal! I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and enjoyed the turkey :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would like to join for November please. Thanks Crystal

1 Like

Happy weekendā€¦ all of my cards have been sent as of Wednesdayā€¦
LšŸ˜Š

1 Like

Hi Evan @evank thank you for the postcards and all of the fun little things that you includeā€¦ I love the little Ziggy stickerā€¦ I remember drawing him him when I was in schoolā€¦ funnyā€¦
For once I am off on Halloween this yearā€¦ for some reason I usually work itā€¦ will be nice to see all of the little kids at the doorā€¦have a great monthā€¦take carešŸ˜Š
L

Hi Anita @AnitaGrace Thank you for the postcard of the cake heaversā€¦

I do love this time of year too with all of the different colors and crispness in the airā€¦ I hope you are feeling well and yes next year is a good year for your hiking challenge!! Take care
L

2 Likes

Hi Deshanta @tinkerstorm thank you for the cute fruity postcard

The wedding was so beautifulā€¦ thank you for askingā€¦ we are now starting to get photos back from the photographerā€¦ and wowā€¦ so perfectā€¦ but I must say it is also nice to not have to plan anything and just relax a little tooā€¦

May Dawali find you and your family surrounded by love and happiness :diya_lamp:

Take care
L

2 Likes

Hi Tiffany @simplyrubies thank you for the crabs postcard from The Little Mermaid movieā€¦ my oldest daughters favourite movieā€¦she even had one of the songs from the movie in her weddingā€¦ Law School?! Wow good for you!! Yes that would be a lot of googlingā€¦ take careā€¦ Happy Fall :blush:

2 Likes

I would like to be included for November RRā€¦ thank youšŸ˜Š

1 Like

Thanks @LaurenceB for this nice card about female ā€œcomputersā€ I think Iā€™d be good at it too, my work now is all about repetitive tasks & attention to detail

2 Likes

Thanks @AnitaGrace for this glorious card! I love how it shows the Queen at different ages. And really a miracle that it made it to me because I received it completely stampless! Obviously you would have put a stamp on so it must have fallen off somewhere along the journey and Canada Post delivered it anyway. Yay Canada Post!

5 Likes