Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

I’ve received funny animal actors card from @moneill. Thank you for the card and interesting facts

1 Like

My October cards mailed today :mailbox_with_mail::m:

1 Like

In for November please.

1 Like

@garvey thank you for the card! Unfortunately it’s dark and cloudy today so I have to wait to see what it does😩 will report back!

1 Like

Received three cards today:
A card featuring a summery view of Outaouais from @JasonDavid. Thank you Jason, and I will keep in mind your tips for my upcoming trip in the wintertime. I hope you are taking in the fall colours as they are breathtaking.

Drew Habour, Quadra Island looks lovely @moneill. Thank you for the card, and best of luck with the increased workload at this time of year! I hope you get many jabs in arms ahead of the flu season.

My very first WPD 2022 winning design card from @farmgirll. Thank you, Crystal! I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and enjoyed the turkey :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would like to join for November please. Thanks Crystal

1 Like

Happy weekend… all of my cards have been sent as of Wednesday…
L😊

1 Like

Hi Evan @evank thank you for the postcards and all of the fun little things that you include… I love the little Ziggy sticker… I remember drawing him him when I was in school… funny…
For once I am off on Halloween this year… for some reason I usually work it… will be nice to see all of the little kids at the door…have a great month…take care😊
L

Hi Anita @AnitaGrace Thank you for the postcard of the cake heavers…

I do love this time of year too with all of the different colors and crispness in the air… I hope you are feeling well and yes next year is a good year for your hiking challenge!! Take care
L

2 Likes

Hi Deshanta @tinkerstorm thank you for the cute fruity postcard

The wedding was so beautiful… thank you for asking… we are now starting to get photos back from the photographer… and wow… so perfect… but I must say it is also nice to not have to plan anything and just relax a little too…

May Dawali find you and your family surrounded by love and happiness :diya_lamp:

Take care
L

2 Likes

Hi Tiffany @simplyrubies thank you for the crabs postcard from The Little Mermaid movie… my oldest daughters favourite movie…she even had one of the songs from the movie in her wedding… Law School?! Wow good for you!! Yes that would be a lot of googling… take care… Happy Fall :blush:

2 Likes

I would like to be included for November RR… thank you😊

1 Like

Thanks @LaurenceB for this nice card about female “computers” I think I’d be good at it too, my work now is all about repetitive tasks & attention to detail

2 Likes

Thanks @AnitaGrace for this glorious card! I love how it shows the Queen at different ages. And really a miracle that it made it to me because I received it completely stampless! Obviously you would have put a stamp on so it must have fallen off somewhere along the journey and Canada Post delivered it anyway. Yay Canada Post!

5 Likes

Lots of cards to report today!
From @MailingLlama - A beautiful deer card. Perfect colours for the autumn! Thank you for the book ‘report’ - will look into it (everyone can always improve their habits).
From @AnitaGrace - Cats and plants, what’s not to love? We have our own black cat that likes to eat plants so I’ve had to move the poisonous ones to impossible to reach locations and leave out the ones that won’t kill her on the spots she can get to. She’s a crafty one!
From @helloleah27 - A world postcard day card - where did you guys get these from? They’re awesome! Hallowe’en used to be one of my favourite holidays, but now that my son is grown and we’re in the country and don’t get trick or treaters it really has dulled the fun! Still like to dress up for work, though.
From @tinkerstorm - I think this is one of the most adorable cards I’ve seen in a long time - cutest squirrel and bird. I love the weather in autumn, and all the lovely leaves changing colour. Our yard is just full of orange and yellow for now - until my husband mulches it all in :slight_smile:
From @farmgirll - Another world postcard day card - they’re a really lovely design. Hope your soy harvest went well! We back onto farmland and they’ve been doing soy for the last three years … the amount of those invasive asian beetles (that look like ladybugs) that have a mass exodus out of the field onto our house at this time of year when they harvest is just INSANE. Hopefully you don’t have to deal with anything similar!
From @LaurenceB - Beautiful fall card. I love the fritillaria/lily flowers - they look just like some checkered lilies I have in our front flower garden. It is almost a magical scene on the card. Hopefully you picked up some great apples while picking - the flavour is always worth it!

3 Likes

More cards received!
From @moneill, the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Coincidentally, my daughter was at it this past summer during her trip to Vancouver. My son is a big fan of treetop-style obstacle courses like the one shown; there are a couple near Ottawa. Thanks Meghan!

From @farmgirll, Early 20th century clarinet and saxophone player Johnny Dodds, drawn by Robert Crumb. Awesome, thanks Crystal! I’d love to see Crumb’s book that compiles the full set of his artwork depicting “Heroes of Blues, Jazz and Country”. Hope the soybeans yielded well. And I did have a lovely turkey dinner at Thanksgiving, at a friend’s house.

From @Belhilda, an art deco museum drawing by Robert Stevens from the 1922 book A Modern City. This is great, thanks Ange, and I love those carousel stamps, too!

From @faithjohnson, “It feels good to be lost in the right direction” - I can definitely endorse this sentiment! It doesn’t say, but I’m thinking the card might show the Geiranger Skywalk in Norway, though I’m definitely not certain about that. Thanks a lot, Faith (and a glue stick-chasing kitten is a sight familiar to me from my own household!)

2 Likes

All my october postcards are in the mail! At last you ´ll say! 🫣🤓

1 Like

Three cards to report today! :slight_smile: Thank you everyone for making my mailbox so happy.

From @moneill, an adorable card of cartoon animals. And I agree - Jello is absolutely underrated! My favourite type is blackcurrant jello. We used to be able to buy it in shops here (maybe from the Chinese grocers?) but I don’t think it’s sold anymore.

From @anitagrace, a card of Rome. I visited a couple years ago so it’s a nice blast to the past! I’m in my first year of the JD program.The first years have a set schedule so I’m taking a little bit of everything right now (including criminal law). I’m not sure what I want to focus on yet if anything, but I’m hoping I’ll figure it out before course registration for next year…

From @LaurenceB, gorgeous artwork of the universe. I love it! It’s amazing that Montreal has been so hot, but Vancouver has been similarly. It’s been t-shirt weather recently, at least until now…

2 Likes

Received:
A Drakkar card from @Belhilda. Thank you! Several years ago similar boat came to Toronto for the Tall Ships festival.

Vintage Fort Henry card from @LaurenceB. Thank you. We visited several historic forts in Ontario, but not that one. Probably we’ll go there next year.

2 Likes

My mailbox was happy today!

@JasonDavid glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving meal! We see wild turkeys all the time when we visit my in-laws. Last time I think we saw about 30 of them!

@farmgirll Nashville sounds like lots of fun! I don’t get to travel often, but I’m hoping to go on a “momcation” in February (my birthday month) with my older sister! The hope is Montreal, but I’d we can’t afford that, then it’ll be Sudbury (only a 3 hour drive for me).

@AnitaGrace fall is my favourite too! Thank you for the beautiful card - I was just teaching my son about St. Francis of Assisi, so this was really cool!

2 Likes

Good afternoon.
More cards to report from late last week :

@LaurenceB with a unique envelope and worldly cards - thank you. We’re hoping to go to a pre-Halloween party with friends this year!

@tinkerstorm with a cute mushroom card. Congrats on passing the test - road trips sound fantastic!!! Thanks for this.

@moneill with a fun painting. I love that holographic stamp too - thank you.

@farmgirll sent happy mail including a set of trailblazing women in vaccine development cards from the University of Alberta. Thank you - I’ve ordered some of these as well.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes