Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Thank you to @MailingLlama for the awesome Badlands, AB card you sent me. I too love the idea of walking on the stomping grounds of the dinosaurs. I hope you are well and thanks for adding yet another great destination to my Canadian travel list.

1 Like

More cards are here!

Thank you @maillingllama for the WPD card! Iā€™m really impressed by the amount of cards you wrote :open_mouth: Thank you for saying I look young :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™ve always been told the opposite! Photos can be a little deceiving haha, I feel a 100 years old sometimes :sweat_smile: :zzz: I havenā€™t had an uninterrupted sleep night in a year :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Thank you @evank for the happy mail envelope! The food stickers are awesome! We have decorated for Halloween last weekend, my son insisted to put the three skeleton heads right next to each other so they could have ā€œfriendsā€ :rofl:

2 Likes

Received:

Two cards from @evank

Two identical cards from @tinkerstorm and @helloleah27

Two pumas from @farmgirll

Rembrandtā€™s self portrait from @mezzanine2 - for July RR (delayed by seeing zip code).

Thanks to everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@garvey Alexander, you had reported the card from @mezzanine2 back in August for the July RR, but last month you seem to be missing one, still, from @JasonDavid - did you get that one and Iā€™ve missed your post? Please confirm.

I checked again: in August Iā€™ve got from @mezzanine2 August card. One for July is received only now.
And I didnā€™t receive that card from Jason :frowning: I hope itā€™s still on the way and not really lost. In last months Iā€™ve received some postcards and letters with big delays - probably something is wrong in our post office

1 Like

Two great cards received!

@farmgirll Iā€™m very excited about this card from WISEST, thank you! My co-workers will like it too

@belhilda this card made me smile.The descent to hell is easy ( and fun) lol! I hope you have an enjoyable road trip

2 Likes

Lots of happy mail today!

First up is @MailingLlama! Thank you for the awesome card! My husband is a heavy equipment mechanic so he enjoyed it too!

@simplyrubies thank you for the Mulan card! Unfortunately I havenā€™t had time to work on my novel Iā€™m quite awhile thanks to my chaotic family :sweat_smile:

@Belhilda i donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about, I love the doodles you did! So fun! Iā€™m super bummed that they took the HP movies off Netflix!

And finally the one and only @evank! Thank you so much for the cards, stickers, tea, bookmark and especially the bonus Houses of Parliament postcard! Iā€™ve been obsessed with the UK (especially England) since I was a kid, so that was a very nice surprise! Also as soon as I opened the envelope, my daughter ran off with the teašŸ˜‚
To answer your questions: I am LOVING the autumn colours! I love mushrooms - mushroom and red onion risotto sounds heavenly! Have you decided on your vacay destination?

4 Likes

Good afternoon.
A slow trickle of October cards startling to roll in!
@MailingLlama with two separate deliveries - one a fabulous homemade card with all the trimmings, the other from the museum of Alberta - thank you!

@simplyrubies with two cute as punch tiny cards with sweet treats. Very nice - thanks!

2 Likes

Two more cards today!

Thanks @simplyrubies for the ostrich. Itā€™s so funky looking!

And a World Postcard Day card from @helloleah27 . Itā€™s a very pretty design, thank you! Great Halloween decorations! Iā€™m loving this unusually warm Fall too, I wish it was like this every year.

2 Likes

@LaurenceB Thank you so much for the AMAZING unicorn card! You were right, it is the perfect card for me! I may have squealed when I saw itšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Received a card from @simplyrubies of a pastel-hued full moon over a beach scene. Thank you! I can relate to the reading fatigue you feel as a student. I had English and Journalism & Media Studies as my majors at university, and I experienced book burnout after my third year. It took a while to re-tune my mind after I finished my studies to enjoy reading for pleasure. What helped me was an uptake in blogs and short stories online before I picked up a printed book. I hope you give yourself some time to rest away from print so you can again enjoy it when you return to a book.

2 Likes

Received from my prolific postal pal @evank, 3 great cards: a 19th century German landscape painting; Alaskan ā€˜realā€™ estate (starter home?!); and ā€œMontezoomaā€™s Revengeā€ rollercoaster in California. Plus a bonus puzzle :jigsaw: of all things, and some amazing stamps! Thanks a lot, Evan!!
Will finally send out the last of my cards this Saturday - busy month!

1 Like

Hello everybody! i had a little health inconvenience (an eye infection) and can finally do my postcards this week. I will write here when itā€™s in the mail for everybody.
I received a great postcard from @LaurenceB today, i envy you being on maternity leaveā€¦ canā€™t wait to win the lottery to retire early LOL thank you for the postcard!
On tuesday oct. 11th I received a great and spooky postcard from @MailingLlama Thank you Ligaya wow I love it, and the art you crafted on the other side is beautiful too!
Also on last tuesday, @simplyrubies Tiffany I received a nice and calming postcard! You know what? Going to visit some wineries this weekend, canā€™t wait! I havenā€™t tried Calvados much, but should be good too.
It was a happy mailbox this week, was pleasing during a hard / itchy / aching right eyeā€¦! Ciao!

2 Likes

Cards received today:

From @moneill - I agree. She is a badass but her choice for a political party and leader is questionable.

From @tinkerstorm - Happy Fall to you as well! All leaves are off the trees here. Love key lime pies, especially with a huge mountain of meringue on top.

Thank you both!!

2 Likes

One more in the bottom of the pile.

From @simplyrubies - Oh wow, never heard that fact before. Hope they eventually name a new street after him. I was signed up for a run last September but broke my ankle 3 days before from falling backwards on a treadmill. Will have to make sure I can go next year. Thank you for the card!!

2 Likes

Hi @tinkerstorm, thank you for the funny cartoon card! I donā€™t think there is a Canadianism that means something is different but looks exactly the same. But I know a lot of slang is regional, so maybe it just doesnā€™t exist in my part of BC (but it does elsewhere in the country?)

2 Likes

Received:
Bird card from the Animal Box series - from @simplyrubies. Thank you! Good luck with your cardigan :slight_smile:

Lake Superior park card from @faithjohnson, thanks.
We just come back from a trip to Europe, so we didnā€™t yet have a chance to enjoy Ontarioā€™s colorful Fall.

Van Gogh card from @MailingLlama. Thank you!
I saw this painting in Paris during our first trip to France.

2 Likes

Apologies for delayed reporting of received cards - am recovering from surgery and behind on everything. Half my Oct cards have been mailed and will try to get the rest out shortly.

Thanks @helloleah27 for the WPD card and fun stickers. My kids are looking forward to Halloween and are making elaborate costume plans.

Thanks @MailingLlama for the Van Gogh card - great stamp too! I did an arts degree in my undergrad and managed to avoid chemistry lol

Thank you @LaurenceB for the polar bear card from the aquarium. I took my girls to that aquarium when they were young - we had a great time. Too bad your toddler didnā€™t enjoy apple picking. Iā€™d planned to take my girls this weekend but am unfortunately laid up.

Thank you @tinkerstorm for your card. Sorry to hear you and your partner were ill - hope you have fully recovered and are having a great month of festivities.

And finally thank you @evank for the always fun envelope with cards, stickers and tea! And love the greeting in Afrikaans! I used to be able to say I could speak 4 languages, but a couple of those are pretty rusty these days.

2 Likes

I would like to participate in November.

I created a meetup in Montreal after the Nuphilex stamp show Nov 9, which would be perfect timing to write cards, especially if I end up sitting in the Tipsy Cow Bar by myself. :sunglasses:

Iā€™m new to this RR, so I just sent my address to @stinkypaw.

Looking forward to sending cards across the country. I love receiving Canada stamps on cards!

2 Likes

Received three cards yesterday.
Thanks to @garvey for the awesome and mystical glow-in-the-dark card. What a nice magical scene! I hope you enjoyed your time overseas.

A beautiful Thanksgiving card from @faithjohnson. Thank you, Faith, and yes, I am making time to rest and take care of myself amidst all the busyness. Thanks for the reminder.

A very nicely packaged postcard letter from @LaurenceB. Thank you, friend. A reply letter will be coming soon, and best of luck in getting the Halloween decorations up.

2 Likes