Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Happy October and Thanksgiving to you all.
All my cards have gone out today.

Have a great month! Cheers Crystal

3 Likes

First card of the month has arrived!

Thank you so much @JasonDavid for the 2-for-1 maps! I love them of course!! I was surprised to see Holland’s emblem with a French quote! I have to point out that you only put 91 cents on the envelope and it got to me safely… Clearly your post office is more lenient! HA!
You have to tell me more about your work in your next card. I’m curious about what sends you to Yellowknife :wink:

2 Likes

First card of the month arrived today! @tinkerstorm thank you for the adorable card! The little bunny on the bicycle is so cute!
I also love autumn! My kids do dress up for Halloween and go trick-or-treating, but we steer clear of anything scary or dark and stick to the cute and fun side of things!

2 Likes

All my October cards have been mailed!

1 Like

All my cards are out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy October everyone!! I have sent out all of my cards except for 1… which I will finish this weekend…

My first postcard for October arrived… and mailed on WPD too… thank you Ligaya @MailingLlama…my Fellow Albertan😊I Loved the postcard of the drumheller Hoodoos…We were lucky enough to go see those a few years ago… very fascinating. I love the washi tape and fun stickers too…take care and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather we are having!!
L

1 Like

Big mail day yesterday!

Firstly, after what I assume were protracted negotiations at her local postal outlet (:rofl:), a thick envelope from my pal @LaurenceB with BOTH Sept and Oct RR cards - a vintage dogsledding scene from Chinougamau (what a great name) Quebec; a great vintage card from Pompei, Italy; and a poster-style card of Cairo, Egypt. Thanks so much, Laurence! Glad to hear about your vintage card haul, how fun - any update on the skunk? :skunk::smiley:

From @helloleah27 the World Postcard Day card - great addition to my art card collection, thanks Leah! Great Halloween decorations, too - I better think about doing a jack-o-lantern soon, though not too soon because the squirrels here are relentless! :jack_o_lantern:

From @MailingLlama a super poster-style card, Kynoch Cycles, with awesome stamps, too, many thanks Ligaya (and I hope you are wrong about it almost being winter, Lol!)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 Like

All my cards were mailed this morning

1 Like

First card of the month! An excellent postcard of Yusra Mardini. I agree, she’s badass! Thanks @MailingLlama

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your lovely cards, it’s been so wonderful to see my mailbox happy again!

@evank, it was very kind of you to include the Star Wars bookmark and the multiple postcards. You were right when you said law school was busy :frowning: I was feeling very tired on Thursday when I got the card, and seeing your letter was a real pick-me-up.

I did go to a Louis Tomlinson concert in March which was loads of fun but that was the last big music event I had recently. I generally enjoy Asian cuisine, which is really handy because there’s lots of it in Vancouver!

@jasondavid, thank you for the galaxy card! I think it might be the first in my collection! Autumn weather hasn’t come yet in Vancouver. It will be a high of 23 degrees tomorrow so… just like summer. But with leaves falling, which is strange.

@MailingLlama, the travel poster card is beautiful! Thank you for sharing the history about the hotel and for the matching stamp (how cool is that?) I have been to Toronto before but it was for a school trip, so we didn’t get to do much sightseeing.

1 Like

Last night an envelope of fun from @evank was in my postbox. Thank you! The podcast you suggested sound right up my alley. It’s been unusually warm in Edmonton too

1 Like

Thank you @tinkerstorm for the unusual card. Great stamp too! I am fond of autumn although, often in Edmonton, summer heads straight into winter. This year is an exception as we’ve had some lovely weather. I really like Halloween. When the kids were younger I’d often make their cosumes. This pic is of my favourite one I ever made!

4 Likes

Received a happy mail envelope from @evank. Thank you, Evan. I am doing well, thanks. I hope your trip to the dentist will bring some relief and the fam is doing well despite the rolling blackouts that are now up to three times a day in South Africa. My mum enjoyed her visit to Canada, but it is way too expensive for her as a retiree to move out here, so the best we can do is make sure that she has the support and care she needs from loved ones in Johannesburg. Oh, and I’m happy for Trevor Noah that he is going to continue his career in standup comedy; I know his Mzansi crew are very excited to see him touring again and to see where his international ventures take him. He was a renowned and much sought-after South African comedian even before The Daily Show, so it’s only natural that he would want to progress his career doing something he loves.

1 Like

All cards have been sent out today, which of course means they won’t be picked up until Tuesday … but they are in the mailbox!

1 Like

@helloleah27
Thanks for the WPD card. Great decoration on the back.: ) Halloween themed. Great stamp too!!
I have a few of Jodi Picoults books too. Ive enjoyed them.
Happy Thanksgiving Crystal

1 Like

More cards!
Thanks to my nearby friend @AnitaGrace for the saltwater crocodile from the Wild Animals of the World box, and for the 1844 painting Rain, Steam and Speed - The Great Western Railway, by J.M.W. Turner, which shows a train crossing over the River Thames. Thanks Anita, and for the great stamps, too!

More art from @tinkerstorm - Georgia O’Keeffe’s Blue, Black and Grey, from 1960. Makes me imagine a springtime crack in an iced-over pond or lake. Thanks Deshanta! (As for Winterlude, it’s Feb 3-20 - www.Canada.ca/winterlude)

3 Likes

:mailbox_with_mail::love_letter: First card (envelope) has arrived from @evank. I love all the cards but this card of Orca is my favourite. I’ll take 23C in October! It’s been getting cold, too cold too fast in Fort McMurray. I had to bust out my winter gears already. Not really looking forward to the inevitable -40C but excited to go ice skating again as I wasn’t able to do any last year due to my knee injury.

1 Like

More cards are here!

Thank you @helloleah27 for the WPD card! My first one of the official design, yay! I was never a big fan of holidays, but ever since I started Postcrossing I’ve had lots of fun decorating cards :smiley: Thank you so much for the treehouse stamp, I’m addicted to this new issue!! So pretty

Thank you @tinkerstorm for the beautiful mushroom. I did not know this shop, beautiful creations. I recognize some of your stationery in there :wink: Hope you have a wonderful month filled with happy celebration! A letter is on its way to you where you will read all that I have been up to :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

All my cards went out this weekend!

1 Like

All my October cards are on the way. I will report received cards later today - still didn’t check what I’ve got while traveling to Europe :slight_smile:

1 Like