5441 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR 97215
(503) 954-2610
https://maps.app.goo.gl/TqGBaHNF1GTbRhE87 32

Event is at capacity - no further entries allowed

DATE : Sunday, April 21, 2024
NO EARLY ARRIVALS
TIME: 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. PST
NO EARLY ARRIVALS

VENUE COST: $5 per person to pay for the venue rental and fees, bottled water, and…

MEETUP POSTCARD COST
NO CARD PURCHASE NECESSARY

.20/card

MEETUP PLAN: @steresem (Stephanie) and I are happy to be co-hosting this Meetup. Come join your fellow Postcrossers at Portland’s own Taborspace for socializing, postcard signing & possible swaps. Note to veteran Postcrossers: our signing format is that we place postcards on tables, then walk around and sign them. Thanks for understanding!

Our goal is to share our collective joy of Postcrossing, to make wholesome connections with other human beings, and to spread that positivity to our fellow Postcrossers across the globe!

An official 4x6 Postcrossing Meetup postcard will be printed and made available to attendees. 750 cards will be printed. First come, first served (these sold out in the first 15 minutes of our October Meetup). Postcard purchase cap: 20 cards - until 2:30 p.m. April 21. We want to ensure equal purchasing opportunity. If there are extra postcards after the meetup, we can open them up for trade.

Please see payment options at the bottom of this post. You do NOT have to purchase Meetup Postcards to participate: you can bring your own postcards for us to sign, or just come to socialize and talk all things Happy Mail.

Venue: 40ish people will be allowed. RSVP (using the blue GOING button above this post) before paying. You are WELCOME to bring (paid) friends, family, or visitors, we just need to know ahead of time. We welcome ALL people new to Postcrossing, and happy mail veterans alike.

Please bring postcards and other relevant items to show & tell or share.
Please bring your “trash” postcards that others might find to be “treasure”. We will have a Trash or Treasure table for people to look through.
Please bring things to trade (optional!) - I’ll be bringing some beginner fountain pens, ink samples and stationery items. You may find someone to trade things with, with no cost! :slight_smile:

We will also have a fountain pen station for (non-fountain pen) people to try out fountain pens and fun inks!

Guest speaker: Staci Paley will be speaking about the PNW Pen Show in Portland, July 2024.

People may want to participate in a group photo.

For convenience and efficiency, bring your Self-Inking signature stamp or stickers (1 inch or smaller), you’ll thank yourself later! I got mine made at www.rubberstamps.com – but Etsy (Riley Print), VistaPrint and other venues offer similar stamps. I highly recommend a ½ inch size stamp. Think about how to get 35 people to sign one half of a postcard….it’s tricky!

Loose itinerary:
1:30 - 1:45 p.m. - Collect funds, hand out Meetup cards (see registration table inside to pay; the Meetup card station will be next to the registration table.)
1:45 - 2:15 p.m. - Postcard signing
2:15 - 2:20 p.m. - Prize Giveaway
2:20 - 2:40 p.m. - Show and Tell
2:40 - 3.00 p.m. - Postcard Signing
3:00 - Prize giveaway
3:00 - Additional Meetup Postcards - if available - can be purchased.
3:05 - 4:30 p.m. - Postcard signing
4:30 p.m. - Wrap up and exit building

LOGISTICS

TRANSPORTATION : TriMet bus lines 15-Belmont and 14-Hawthorne are local to this venue. You can also get there via bike, car or on foot.

PARKING : Please use Taborspace parking lot located on 54th and Belmont. If the lot is full, please be mindful of neighbors’ driveways.

GETTING INSIDE: (NO EARLY ARRIVALS) Please avoid coming earlier than 1:30 p.m.
The BEST entrance is on Belmont: use the ADA ramp on the left of the stairs (see pic below), and once inside the door, the Annex is to your right.

If parking in the assigned parking lot, entry can be made by walking from the parking lot across 54th Ave. and entering through a side door. Main entry can be made between 54th and 55th Ave. on Belmont St. We can direct you to the coffee bar later (or read below). NO EARLY ARRIVALS.

RESTROOMS : Building is ADA accessible, and has multiple restrooms.

FOOD : no food is offered on-site. Please bring a non-messy snack to share. Coffee bar is available (upper level). If you want to get coffee before the Meetup, you can enter from the corner of Belmont and 55th Ave. - the door on the corner of the building goes right inside the cafe.

Nearby Stationery Stores :

PiPH!-Paper Epiphanies, 2501 SE CLINTON ST, PORTLAND, OR 97202 (opens 10:00 a.m. Saturdays)

Collage, 3701 SE DIVISION ST PORTLAND, OR 97202 (opens 10:00 a.m. Saturdays)

Also check out:

• Oblation Papers & Press (my personal, and ALL-TIME favorite paper store!)

Nearest Blue Box :

1500 SE 54TH AVE PORTLAND, OR 97215

PAYMENT

VENUE

For ENTRY, please pay Stephanie via Venmo: @steresem – and INCLUDE YOUR POSTCROSSING name – so we can save your spot. Alternatively, you can pay cash in person at the event. However, no change will be made. (Bring exact funds.) If paying in cash, please CLICK THE BLUE GOING BUTTON now – since that’s the final list we use to allow entry.

MEETUP POSTCARDS

Cards are first come first served - no holds. Postcard purchase cap: 20 cards per person until 2:30 pm. April 21. We want to ensure equal purchase opportunity.

$0.20/card

10 - $2.00
15 - $3.00
20 - $4.00

To pay, you can send funds thru Venmo:

@RandyAllen1721 - with your postcrossing username OR

Bring cash (exact change, please) to the Meetup.

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

7 Likes

Sign me up for 20 of the Meetup cards, whatever the design!

1 Like

I will take 5 meetup cards please!

I will be there and would love 20 of the meet up postcards. Thank you for hosting again :smiling_face:

2 Likes

It will be sew much more fun with you there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for hosting again! Count me in! Still sad that I had to miss the last one. This will be an event to look forward to!

1 Like

Woohoo! Nice to know youll be involved!

I’m so bummed I’m going to miss this round, I leave for a trip that morning. Hope you all have a wonderful time!

:frowning: hopefully next time.

I’m looking forward to attending and would like to reserve 20 meet up cards, please.

1 Like

Hi all, just to clarify, Meetup Postcards can’t be reserved, as they aren’t printed or paid for yet. Once I’ve got the postcard cost and prints, (probably around March 21), I’ll try to tag everyone.

Thank you all!
@everyone

3 Likes

Excited for my first meetup! Just sent $ venmo

1 Like

YAY! It’s gonna be so fun! Be sure to use the blue GOING button too. TYVM.

1 Like

I will be there and I would like to reserve 20 meetup cards.

1 Like

You hosting guys are wonderful people to do this for the third time. It will be fun to see all you postcard lovers. Fair warning: I am not bringing the stamp I have to ink every time. I’m following the lead of you smart ones and will bring my new self-inking stamp. My wrist will be glad of that.

See you in April showers or none.
Kathryn

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Looking forward to having you again!

Hi there. Just signed up, and sent Stephanie my $5. 20 cards for me please. See you all in April.
I’m looking forward to a Portland visit, and a camping trip to Battleground!
Kay

3 Likes

Yay! I am ready for another trip to PDX! I will send payment later today!

1 Like

Thanks for hosting! I’m a newbie but excited to learn more and meet others. I’ll bring cash to the event.

Mary

1 Like

Great! We will be glad to have you there! :blush: