14 July 2024 - Postcrossing Anniversary Meetup in York

I’m not local, but I checked the website and they have a greeting cards https://www.bettys.co.uk/greetings-cards-pack-of-5

1 Like

Thank you, they look amazing!

1 Like

ekkk!!! I am hoping to be there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely love Betty’s Tearooms but not sure we will be able to sign postcards in there. It has a very fancy service. Closest I’ve experienced to tea at the Ritz :sweat_smile:

But it’s not the place that we will meet to sign postcards.

1 Like

Excellent! :smiley: :smiley: Love Betty’s very excited!

Hello! Looking forward to this but as it’s my first postcrossing event I do have questions haha, what exactly do you mean when you say we sign up to five hundred postcards, is this like we send five hundred postcards to people around the world or?

The other question is on the tip of my tongue oh yes! So I saw each postcard will be fifteen pence, how do we go around ordering them? Can we order in advance?

Thank you!

Jake

3 Likes

Hi Jake,
So basically each attendee will order a different quantity of postcards to sign and take home. Sometimes, the total amount of postcards can be 500, but this doesn’t mean that we will send them all at once.
Yes, you can order in advance. Please leave a comment here with the amount of postcards you want. I will update the list, and after I have everybody’s reply, I will send it to be printed.

1 Like

Hi @JennyAssis Please could I order 15 meet-up postcards. I’m all set, with accommodation booked in Harrogate for a few days. I visited the museum in 1975, the year it opened, & I know there have been a lot of changes since then. Looking forward to this so much - thank you for organising.

2 Likes

Great! I’ll go on Saturday for a sleepover over.

Wonderful meetup cards @JennyAssis :heart_eyes: I‘d like to order 50 cards please.

1 Like

Sure thing!

Thanks @JennyAssis for another great card design! :birthday: Could i have 10 cards please?

2 Likes

Hello, dear Postcrossers!
I would be very interested in exchanging the beautiful card.
My offers:

Have fun at the meetup and thank you in advance.

Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to make this one. I hope that you all have a grand time, though!

3 Likes

Oh no, Chris. See you in the next meeting :heart:

2 Likes

As much as I’d love to attend, public transport is going to be way to expensive for me to partake. I’m so sorry about this as it would have been awesome to join you all, but I hope everyone has a great time.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for organising this! The Great Hall Cafe sounds good to me, if that suits everyone else.

Could I order 50 cards, please?

Many thanks,
Chris

1 Like

No worries, see you soon.

Sure thing!