14 July 2024 - Postcrossing Anniversary Meetup in York

I would be ok with helping plan one in Suffolk if you can do the creative part. - Ill have a think about possible venues.

4 Likes

Glad to help!

2 Likes

I’d love to but totally impractical for me by public transport

1 Like

Hi, please put me down as attending, thank you.

I won’t mention it’s my birthday on the 15th! lol

4 Likes

Let’s celebrate :partying_face:

1 Like

Steve (owner) is lovely and I’m sure he’d let a group in (and I could offer lifts to the nearest station) if this did become a plan!

2 Likes

Please put me down as a maybe, I’m actually in York from the Thurs-Sunday after for work and will be roaming around the North beforehand so pretty likely I can join (depending on work commitments) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will you put me down as a maybe :blush:

3 Likes

I would love to go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Postcards and trains, great combination! Please add me to the list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great!

1 Like

Oh my, I‘m on vacation in York arriving on the 12th. Please put me down, wanted to visit the railway museum anyway :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Could you add my husband and me to the list, please? Thank you!

4 Likes

Sure thing!

1 Like

Any update on the postcards for this event?

1 Like

Not ready yet. I will post until one month prior to the meeting.

1 Like

We’d love to visit, it would be myself and my partner (who is relatively new), the only question I have is what sort of things could we expect in this meet-up? We’re both deaf but I am able to speak and would be able to relay to my partner through British Sign Language so any preparation would be appreciated!

6 Likes

We’re going to visit the museum. After that, we’ll walk to the cafe to have lunch and sign postcards. You can bring a pen or even your personalized stamp (which helps a lot when you have 500 postcards to sign). Feel free to bring stickers, washi tape, or anything else that you usually add to your postcards. The meeting is relaxed, so there’s no need to rush when signing the postcards. We’ll also have time to get to know each other or catch up with old Postcrossing friends. You and your partner are more than welcome to join us.

3 Likes

Pop me down as attending. Due to trains I’ll likely arrive at about 11:30 but I’ll find you all in the museum :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello from Italy! Random question - would any of you know if Betty’s Tearooms do postcards? Thanks and greetings from an Italian formerly living in Leeds :slight_smile:

1 Like