14 July 2024 - Postcrossing Anniversary Meetup in York

:world_map: CITY/REGION: York city
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: National Railway Museum York
:calendar: DATE: 14 July 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: Meet 11am & lunch 1pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Save the date and let’s celebrate Postcrossing Anniversary with a Meetup in York.

We will meet at the entrance of the National Railway Museum York, the museum has a free entrance but needs to be booked on the website.
Afterward, we’ll head to Bailey’s Cafe and Tearooms at 1pm.

This meetup will have a postcard, updates coming soon.

:bellhop_bell: If you wish to join us, simply click on the RSVP button “Going” (blue bottom at the top) or comment in this post.

Can’t wait to celebrate with you :tada: :birthday: :email:

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

DON’T FORGET TO CHECK THE FORUM ONCE IN A WHILE FOR ANY CHANGES

Attendants

1. JennyAssis
  2. SusChris
  3. Yorkshire_Lad
  4. SashaUA17
  5. charzevans
  6. iliketrains
  7. jobloggs
  8. moonraker_girl
  9. EDC83
  10. Potatosium
  11. Jilly_Bee
  12. tanzianne
  13. @Eli33

Potential attendants:

Maddymail
constanze
TinyMouse

3 Likes

@jobloggs @BriJN @ZoeJN @iliketrains @EDC83 @Potatosium @sarahmccunney @simmo11 @mattressy @mousewithapen @Arikel @WilliamsUK @Quiggers @Star-Mix-1982 @sil4sm @SashaUA17 @TinyMouse @charzevans @Maddymail @mapcardcollector @LuSays @tashac @chrisbonham11

Hello :wave: Jenny, Please add me to the Provisional List :blush: :bullettrain_front:

2 Likes

Hi Jenny I have put my name down as attending this event, would be rude not to as it’s in my home city.
Regards Andi

2 Likes

Add me to the list , please.

2 Likes

Put me down as a possible please :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Paging @MoominMog - have to check you’re allowed this far North though :rofl:

4 Likes

:scream_cat: just think of all the trains! I’ll be there :blush:

3 Likes

I’ll be there too! Thanks so much @JennyAssis for setting this up! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for tagging me, @JennyAssis . I will though need to confirm whether I can come to this one or not nearer the time.

2 Likes

I’m looking into it. @JennyAssis please put me down as a possible for now. I was a student in York 1973-1976, & haven’t visited for just over 30 years.

2 Likes

I’m away in Germany but I know you’ll have an amazing time! The national railway museum is great!

1 Like

I’ve tried to make this work but the trains don’t operate early enough on a Sunday (and returning :upside_down_face:) To drive would be 7hrs plus in the car. So sorry. Honestly I could fly to the Canaries faster…
Hopefully one in the East of England one day. Or in the middle maybe - does no one live in Bedfordshire/Northamptonshire/Warwickshire ?
Anyway enjoy !

3 Likes

@tesc I would happily attend a meet-up in any of those places!

3 Likes

Yes they would be within 1.5/2 hrs drive for me which is reasonable

3 Likes

I recently learned of the Colne Valley Postal History Museum which looks like the greatest museum of all time, not too far from Stowmarket and it looks like the dude who runs it is happy to open it up for small groups by request (eg a Postcrossing meetup?)

4 Likes

Lol never heard of it but yes Halstead Essex about an hour from me - no public transport though

1 Like

What a great find! :hugs:

1 Like

I live in Surrey and I’m planning to spend the weekend in the York area with my family.

Why not organize a meeting in your area, so we can join you? :crossed_fingers:t5:
I can even assist you in designing the postcard if you need any help.

3 Likes

It’s on my list of places to visit!

1 Like