14 July 2024 - Postcrossing Anniversary Meetup in York

Hello
Could I have 20 postcards please, the only worry I have is the trains, I hope I can get there :relieved: jilly :honeybee:

1 Like

All set. Fingers crossed about the trains on the day.

Everyone, we have a change in our schedule. Due to Bailey’s Tea Room not taking reservations, we needed to change the place for eating and signing postcards. The new location will be much easier to find.
We will now be staying at the museum and heading to the Great Hall Cafe (inside the museum) to eat and sign postcards. The museum has kindly reserved 3 picnic tables for us to use.
After the meeting up I suggest that we take a ride on the Road Train departing from the museum to the Minster and have a look around.

4 Likes

@SashaUA17 @EDC83 @Potatosium @Eli33 Tell me how many postcards would you like?
@Maddymail will you be able to join us?

1 Like

Could I get 20 postcards please Jenny. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like 10 postcards please

1 Like

Hello @JennyAssis I am still a maybe, I will let you know in the coming weeks, please may I have 10 postcards :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No worries :smiling_face:

Hi, @JennyAssis ,I am glad to know about this event. I would like to attend this gathering very much. Please add me to the list. I would also like to order 20 postcards. I believe it will be a pleasant gathering despite the language difficulties. This will be my first time to attend the Postcrossing gathering. If there are any precautions, please let me know. Thank you.

Jarvis Guo

4 Likes

You’re more than welcome to join us.
Please book your tickets at the museum website.
Bring a pen to sign postcards, or in case you have your personalised stamp/sticker, and be ready to sign many postcards!

Hi @JennyAssis my husband and are completely new to Postcrossing (read this as we literally joined this week) but being local we would love to come to this meet up if there are still spaces?

3 Likes

I’m in Corby so it’s a trek for me. It’s quicker for me to get to Scotland than it is to York :joy: so my partner and I are making it into a wee holiday but it’d be nice to have one in Northamptonshire in the future.

3 Likes

You’re more than welcome. See you on 14th July!
Let me know how many postcards would you like.

Well, I’m in Guildford and just going for the weekend.
Next time is your turn to organise a Northamptonshire meeting :tada::smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you @JennyAssis we are really looking forward to coming. I am sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, but I wondered if you would be able to let me know what the ‘postcards’ are that you can purchase at meet-ups? Thank you

1 Like

@Library_Book What I meant was the postcard for the meeting.
Here is what the postcard will look like. Each postcard is 15p and I will send it to be printed tomorrow.

4 Likes

Hi,

Can I join the day out please ?

Plus, is there still time to request postcards please ?

1 Like

@NEUK Yes, you can join us.
How many postcards would you like?

That’s brilliant, thank you.

Can I have 20 postcards please ?

1 Like

Just in time! 20postcards for you.