1 October 2022 - World Postcard Day San Francisco Meetup

Hi Kay, absolutely! See you then.

1 Like

Is there someone who wants to swap a meetingcard with me? I can send a meetingcard back from Ghent, Belgium. Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can we still purchase cards?

I will definitely be there. Iā€™d like to order 100 postcards if possible. Thank you

3 Likes

Yes, please let me know how many you want.

Id like to order 50 plz. Let me know how to get you payment for them. Looking forward to the meetup!

2 Likes

Is it possible to get 50 if not 40

Hi,
This is wonderful! Is it too late to order cards?
Johnson

Would like to exchange the cards for Delhi WPD meetup cards 2022
Delhi meetup card 2

I will be posting them on OCT 1
Interested in this swap?
Please PM me before OCT 1! :innocent: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! We wanted to give you all some updates before our meetup this Saturday, October 1, 2022. Upon receiving the postcards in the mail, we noticed that the printing/cutting quality was inconsistent, as some of the sides had white lines on them. We reached out to Vistaprint regarding the issue, and they said they can reprint the postcard at no additional cost, if we remove the borders, as they are not ideal for printing. So we went ahead and removed the borders. Other changes have been made on the design as well, including moving the position of the logo to a different colored background, because when viewing the postcard in person, the water still had a blueish hue, and we wanted to follow the use of Postcrossingā€™s guidelines for its logo as strictly as possible. The new design postcards are expected to be delivered on September 29th. Here is the updated design:

So hereā€™s what you need to know, if you are coming to the meetup/have ordered postcards:

• As it stands now, 459/500 original postcards are reserved. We have decided to keep the price the same (21c/postcard), as we will consider the old designs as discards/lemons, and the new design as the official postcard. This means that we will not be charging for the old design, and people will technically be paying for the postcardā€™s new design. If you are interested in receiving the old design, the remaining stock will depend on the preferences of people with existing orders. If anyone else would like to order the new design, please let us know before the end of Friday, September 30, 2022, and we will do our best to accommodate those order requests.

• For existing orders, you have the option to either keep just the old design, just the new design, or have both. For instance, if you have reserved 10 cards, you have the options of making any of the following combinations: 10 of the old design, 10 of the new design, 10 of both (for a total of 20 postcards), or any combination of both (5 of the old and 5 of the new design). Just let us know ahead of time, so we can prepare your orders accordingly. Please view this google sheet of all the current orders and indicate what you would like.

• If able, please pay ahead of time, prior to the meetup, via @toniroseā€™s venmo, TRx97, as we would highly prefer to not make any cash transactions in person. Please note: DO NOT mark the transaction as a sale as we are not making a profit and simply covering the expenses to make them. Also, please be sure to include your (user)name and quantity of postcards when sending the payment. If you prefer other payment options, please feel free to reach out to us and we will try our best to accommodate.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to either me, or @tonirose. Weā€™re so excited to meeting you all for World Postcard Day!

5 Likes

Hi, I would love to order 25 cards of the new design if possible, and I can pay via venmo. I am also coming from Sacramento. Is it possible to get to the venue by Bart or Muni? Thank you!

Hi! I really want to get a postcard with a signature of the participants! write to me personally if possible please

Powell St Bart station then take bus 15

2 Likes

Hi! I am unsure at this moment whether I can make it for this event but I really wanted to join! Will there be extra copies of the new design available for purchase during the event? Asking because I see that only 500 are available but most of them are reserved already. Thanks!

1 Like

Thatā€™s so helpful. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! I am going to a World Postcard Day meeting in Melbourne, Australia. Below is the meet-up card. Would you like to swap cards with me? Please message me if so :green_heart: :orange_heart:
world postcard day melbourne

4 Likes

Hi!

The meet up postcard is REALLY cute!

I canā€™t make this meet up, but will be at the one on Oct. 22nd.

If you attend that meet up, perhaps you could bring any extra postcards from your meet up and sell them there. I know that they have some rules/restrictions about cash transactions not being allowed in the library properā€¦

Anyway, itā€™s something to consider.

Happy WPD!

Linda / LiFi

1 Like

I have already placed an order for 50 9f the original design so id like to keep that as well as confirm Id like 50 of the new one too. Iā€™m waiting on someone to let me know what the paypal email for payment is. Thanks.

Hi Johnson! We have a handful left. How many would you like to order?

Hi Angeli! We have you down for the 25 postcards. Let us know if you need any other help with getting to the venue. Thanks @sonataca for the help too.

2 Likes