1 October 2022 - World Postcard Day San Francisco Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: San Francisco, California, USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Double Decker Bus of Spark Social, 601 Mission Bay Boulevard North, San Francisco, CA 94158
:calendar: DATE: Oct 1, 2022 (WORLD POSTCARD DAY 2022)
:alarm_clock: TIME: 3 pm - 5 pm (PST)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet & Greet followed by writing postcards.

Hello fellow Postcrossers! I am hosting a meetup for World Postcard Day with the support of my sister @ciala. This will be my first time ever hosting an event, so please be kind! I attended my first meetup earlier this year hosted by @kimakoi and was inspired to host one ever since.

Spark Social SF is a family-friendly outdoor food truck park in the Mission Bay neighborhood. I love it because even the pickiest eater (like me) can find something to eat! However, the site does not allow for outside food, with the exceptions for cake or cupcakes. So if anyone would like to bring any of those, let me know and I can provide the utensils.

This reservation also allows for a max of 59 guests, but I do not think that will be an issue. The double decker bus is only reserved for 2 hours, so it would be ideal to arrive on time. Depending on how busy it is on the day of, we might be able to move to the free-for-all, first-come-first-serve seating areas. Parking can be challenging in the area, so I would recommend either public transportation or rideshare.

Activities that I have planned:

• Meet and Greet starts at 3:30pm – time to interact with fellow Postcrossers and postcard enthusiasts!
  • Postcard Exchange – add to the pile and pick some to bring home, your next treasure awaits!
  • Group Postcard Signing – let’s sign/stamp each other’s postcards!
  • Raffle – a chance to win some postcards and other snail mail goodies!
  • Group picture – to end it off and commemorate the event!

As an attendee, please bring (not necessary, but appreciated):

• Smudge free pens (I will bring Sharpie pens, but feel free to bring your own if you have a preference)
  • An interested friend – let’s grow our Postcrossing community!
  • A stack of postcards for the exchange pile

Our official meetup postcards have arrived in the mail! The postcards are 21 cents each. As for payment, you can venmo me at TRX97 or paypal at (PayPal.Me). Please DO NOT mark the transaction as a sale as I am not making a profit and simply covering the expenses to make them. Make sure to include your (user)name and quantity of postcards. I am open to other payments, feel free to pm me.

I am looking forward to this meetup! If you have any suggestions, comments, or questions, please leave them below. I am also on Instagram if you would like to reach me there @ trxmailart. Hope to see you there!

Update on 9/25/22: Hi everyone! My sister, @ciala has posted an update on this forum down below regarding the postcard design. This is a very important update if you are coming to the meetup and are ordering postcards, so please take a look at that post. Thank you!

10 Likes

This place looks fantastic. Put me down as a yes. Thank you for putting this together, we all know that events such as this take a lot of effort!

3 Likes

And I would be interested in getting some postcards too.

3 Likes

I’m interested. Put me down as a “maybe” for now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finished up the postcard design! Here it is:

21 Likes

I love the design @tonirose I’m really excited about the meetup!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am excited too. :blush: I will update with price and quantity once I figure out where I will get it printed.

1 Like

I’m in…see you There!!! Garry

3 Likes

I will be there! I’d like to reserve 20 cards. I’ll be bringing some of the official World Postcard Day cards too to get some signatures on it :relaxed:

3 Likes

I love the postcard design and would love to join! May I reserve 40 postcards?

3 Likes

I’d like to attend.

3 Likes

Hi. I like your design. I’d like to order 25 cards. Put me down as a “maybe” for attending.

3 Likes

What a great plan! Thank you, ToniRose, for organizing. Please consider this an RSVP and I would like to reserve 15 cards, please. Again, thanks!

3 Likes

This sound incredible! Thank you for organizing! I’ll be there! Save me 15 cards please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes!! I would love to purchase a postcard as well!!

2 Likes

Please put me and a guest down as a maybe. I will be traveling close by but am unfamiliar with the area. This maybe the only opportunity I ever get to attend a meet up. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello

My name is Nadav and I would like to attend, I come from the east bay.
Would my 12 year old be allowed to come? He wants to start postcrossing at 13.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi Arcelia, how many postcards would you like?

1 Like

Thank you! In the case you won’t be able to attend, just message me your address and I can send it to you.

1 Like

Hi Katy, See you then!