Your greatest cards that never made it

This was a special vintage pack with lots of extra stamps I sent from USA to India back in 2018, but then the account went inactive and it eventually expired.

Here’s a current expired one at 319 days, sent to Moldova, with similar inactive postcrosser. I rarely buy expensive postcards, but this was one of those $4.95 expensive postcards, so I was sad to see it expire. I always hope these disappearing folks are okay somewhere in the world, but ya never really know what could have happened to them. :grimacing::skull::broken_heart: in any case, I hope some random person at least picks up these special postcards and enjoys them.

19 Likes

This was the first card in my early postcrossing days that expired and never reached the right mailbox - it was sent to a forum user:

11 Likes

I have two expired cards, and I was quite sad that the Goethe Institut one didn’t make it.

362 days to China (almost a year! I sent it because that postcrosser also learnt German.)

349 days to Namibia (I also sent that postcrosser a coin. So sad that the envelop didn’t arrive :face_with_head_bandage:)

6 Likes

Sent 362 days ago to another US state - where do these postcard go? I loved this postcard.

12 Likes

That card actually arrived today, makes me so happy!

40 Likes

It wasn’t an official postcard but a greeting card for my sister that had never reached her. The idea was to depict her doggie with a festive tree. :grin: Unfortunately it got lost and I have only this phone photo. Not a big deal, of course, as not a single postcrosser was left waiting for a postcard that would never come. But still it’s a pity.

And the object of the titanic artistic effort
itself :smile:

48 Likes

Awwwww, that is so cute!! I’m glad you took a photo before it got lost.

1 Like

Not a great card, don’t even have a scan of it, but the very first address I drew never registered the card…

Haven’t had one expire since, though.

2 Likes

This card is a rare Maxi card. It travelled to Germany 344 days. Sadly this member has not been online for over 1 year. She signed up last January, sent 5 cards and registered 2 and then was never seen again.

21 Likes

This card expired recently, I sent it 67 days ago. I made it myself from very old “EUROPA” stamps, as I like them so much. It can still arrive and I’m keeping my hope up for this one!

25 Likes

I’m a bit sad about this Maxicard that’s been going for 100++ days to Germany, the young member stopped logging in just as I drew their profile…

UPDATE: September 2021: Account is officially closed and the card is registered: GB-1302148

36 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Lost on the way to China, now traveling 174 days

17 Likes

Ohh I do have one that I’m really sad about!

Lost on it’s way to China for over a year already… So no hope for it’s arrival. The postcard itself is pretty, but I’m more sad about the other side, because I made a drawing there and turned out very well! It’s one of the best I ever did, in my opinion… Such a pity that this card in particular had to be lost :sob:
I hope the recipient is okay, though. They haven’t logged in for awhile.

60 Likes

I made this card especially for person who love history and quotes. Today it´s 55 days to neighboring country Germany, so it is certainly lost.

7c39lpe24mmsbhgdr4e9td25gbazftdo

18 Likes

This card was travelling for almost 50 days, when I decided to send a second card. That second card got registered, meaning the picture of this card will not be uploaded.

10 Likes

This one was traveling inside Germany for almost 2 months already.

I asked the recipient and she didn’t receive it, so I’m sending out a replacement today. Really sad, I thought the kitten would really be perfect for her!

18 Likes

Hello dear ghostcrosser, will be deleted by the system in 3 days :face_with_thermometer:

5 Likes

i have 6 expired cards at the moment and 2 at 56 days.
this one is traveling for 350 days

and this one is my personal favourite

11 Likes

I currently have 13 expired cards. :slightly_frowning_face: These three cards have been traveling for over 300 days.
Especially the cat and the old steam engine, are unique cards and so appropriately chosen.

Travels 352 days > Russia

Travels 350 days > Taiwan

Travels 328 days > Russia

It is so sad. They will never bring joy and a smile on face. :disappointed_relieved:

9 Likes