Your greatest cards that never made it

This card is about the Vostok 6 spaceflight which carried the first woman into space. Her name is Valentina Vladimirovna Tereshkova. The text seems to be in Czech and reads something like “Long live the world’s first female astronaut”.

11 Likes

@Oo_Hawkwind_oO @SiLV Yes, the card itself is not Russian, but the astronaut is USSR’s Tereshkova. It was the nearest postcard theme I had to anything Russian. :blush:

4 Likes

This card got lost on it’s way to Germany. I hope some day it will arrive!

17 Likes

This one is just about to drop off the system. To Taiwan travelling 363 days.

I have - as of today - 52 expired cards. 10 cards are travelling over 300 days and some of these postcrossers haven’t been seen for months.

21 Likes

Oh wow! That is a lot! I hope, some day, all the postcards will find it’s way to the receiver!

1 Like

Well, mine isn’t a Postcrossing card, but for me the greatest one that never made it is a LotR card I sent to my friend from Matamata New Zealand. This friend of mine is a HUGE LotR fan (I’m a big fan too, but it’s nothing compared to her) and she asked me to send her a card from NZ when I was staying there for a couple of months. I wanted it to be more special so I bought a LotR maxicard and sent it from Matamata. It is the town where the Hobbiton scenes were shot and nowadays the set is rebuilt and people can visit it.
The sad thing is that the card never arrived to Norway. :pleading_face:

10 Likes

You are right : lost cards are frustrating. That’s why I take pictures of each card I send. I use office lens app for android because it takes 10sec to capture the exact shape of the card and upload it in cloud (for ex : onedrive).

1 Like

Sadly, this card that I made (a painting) appears to have been lost. I sent it on 4 Feb. 2020 to a user who hasn’t checked in to the site in 11 months. I hope she’s okay.

28 Likes

I, too, scan the front and back of every card I send. And when they expire, I send a replacement if the user has been active on the site. So far I’ve got only a few truly expired cards from absent users in the past 18 months or so.

2 Likes

This one went to Australia. It was never registered but they registered other U.S.A. cards but never mine. They had written on their profile to not contact them if a card has not been registered.

8 Likes

That one to China and Indonedia never arrived or was never registered.

3 Likes

It is a great topic!
This one was sent to France last February, since the member was active and France is normally reliable, I sent a replacement one (a different card) - I don’t usually re-send but it seemed worht it in this case. I don’t think this one ever made it, and the same happened to other cards sent on the same day (which are still in my expired). In fact I was looking at my expired earlier and most of what I sent in February is still there… it is kind of odd as, outside of China, things got really bad only from March onwards…Anyway!

12 Likes

Last December I sent a photo portrait of our current president Sauli Niinistö with a matching stamp (I think Sauli Niinistö stamps were the first stamps I bought for postcrossing in 2013 :sweat_smile:) from a meet-up in Helsinki, but the card never arrived to Russia and expired. I am especially sad about that card never arrived.

3 Likes

I sent this card to Russia and is has been travelling 91 days.

This is my first expired card and I really am hoping it arrives soon!

4 Likes

I had a postcard of an elderly aboriginal fella going to India & never received & I haven’t been able to find another one like it, at the time I was unsure whether to post it or not as I really liked it

2 Likes

Amazing, this card was registered this week after 157 days of travelling! :blush:

21 Likes

I sent this card to a Russian postcrosser and it’s been 141 days, so I don’t think it will arrive - which makes me very sad because it’s a ‘special’ card to me because I bought it in Denmark and kept it for someone who would want to have a map card!

28 Likes

The cross-stitch postcard I made couldn’t arrive. :dolls:(Postcard that have already been deleted by the system)

This train to Ukraine has been traveling for 216 days.
It’s a postcard I found on her favorite wall, so I hope it arrives safely. :mountain_railway:

Postscript
Good news! :star2:
This train arrived safely in Ukraine after enjoying a long journey! :tada:
Arrived in Ukraine!

75 Likes

That cross-stitch card is gorgeous! :cherry_blossom: So sad it never arrived.

13 Likes

and this one - a one off that came with a bulk lot from ebay - is also going to drop off in a few days.
349 days to Finland

4 Likes