Your greatest cards that never made it

Accounts are set inactive after 30 days and are contacted multiple times by the team. My advice would be, don’t resend. It’s unlikely that the card will be registered if the person lost interest.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response and information. It seems strange to drop out so quickly after signing up with Postcrossing, and then not registering postcards received. I hope the person is okay.

On to the next! Thanks again.

This one hit 60 days today. :honeybee: It’s from 1990, so older than me!

57 Likes

What a beauty! I hope it will find it’s way to the lucky receiver soon!

1 Like

And this one is just about to drop off the system. It has been travelling 360 days to Lithuania.

25 Likes

Two cards sent on the same day, one to USA and one to China, expired today and I fear the worst. I was really pleased with the profile matches on these too! :broken_heart:

18 Likes

I have a few that I like very much which will drop out of the system soon, too.

This one to the USA, travelling for 354 days, member didn’t log in for 8 months now:

India, travelling for 299 days:

France, travelling 277 days, user didn’t log in for 9 months now:

In total I have 60 cards right now that travel between 60 days and 360 days, about half of which go to members who haven’t locked in for months…

10 Likes

This raven postcard is one of my favourites ! It has been travelling now over 150 days

17 Likes

I found a few of this series of cards depicting parts of Geneva in a whimsical way. This one has just passed the 60 days heading to the Netherlands. I have no great hope that it will be registered, the member is not very active while not being inactive either. :disappointed:

6 Likes

this card of mine has been traveling to the USA for almost a hundred days, the member is active ( last seen 3 hours ago! ) and has sent/received over 11thousand cards so… I’m afraid it’s lost :frowning_face: I’m really sorry, she asked for unusual cards and Frida Kahlo’s, I thought this one was just the right card for her!!!
Let’s hope it’s just a biiiiiig delay!

20 Likes

From 38 expired cards - 18 are travelling for ever to members who have not been seen for months. That is a lot of money just gone down the drain…
This one is dropping off the system in 8 days.

8 Likes

Captain Kirk is travelling in outer space now for 209 days, ground control in the USA didn’t check in for more than six months, I fear he’ll be lost in some unknown corner of the universe…
grafik

22 Likes

It arrived after 93 days!

26 Likes

Great idea this post, this one is travelling since 257 days to the US…

6 Likes

About to expire. :sob:

5 Likes

I have 2 expired postcards, users haven’t used postcrossing site for several months :frowning:

21 Likes

Oh my gosh. This topic needs a :cry: react instead of a :heart: for all these sad lost cards.

6 Likes

This card is travelling 346 days to China. It is a rare Maxi-card and I only had one of them. Yes, it is sad!
This Postcrosser has not been seen for more than 9 months so there is no hope…

11 Likes

This card travels since August 2020.
If I rembering correctly the Postcrosser’s birthday was in a few weeks when I write the card, but now I couldn’t find in the profile.
Anyways Lali was on the more special wish list, so it’s sad that the card is lost someahere.

Translation: Happy Birthday!
Who will bring you a suitcase full of kisses?

7 Likes

Great joy in this part of the universe!!!

Apparently Captain Kirk’s destination has been destroyed by Klingons or was moved to an unreachable corner of the space - The High Council of the Federation of Planetes sent out a rescue mission, and this morning, after 232 days of uncertainty, Captain Kirk was beamed safely on to my wall of sent cards. This minute he is enjoying a hearty breakfast, already waiting for his next assignment,

Yes, fellow worriers, there are happy endings after all! At least some… :smiley:

22 Likes