You know you're a Postcrosser when

When you leave home in the evening, check your mailbox, find a postcard and feel happy…
… And then a few hours later you come home and feel sad because there will be nothing in the mailbox😂

17 Likes

aaannnnd then check the box again, just to be sure…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

14 Likes

I had one with domestic postage from USA to me these days, and it came through without problems.

1 Like

No, I do the same!

1 Like

Christmas can be a hard time: up to three consecutive days without mail!

6 Likes

Or you go to Dublin for the General Postoffice there is a tourist site and a historical site as well.

4 Likes
  • when the postman waves at you from his car, while you walking the dog at other end of the village

• when you go the longer way, just to post some mail

• when you are on the way to a job interview and only thinking of the postcards you might buy at the train station

25 Likes

… when you take the train to get to the letterbox with collection on Sunday. Well, that train ride takes me just 4 minutes.

6 Likes

—when you hear the email chime on your phone and race over to it to see if it’s a “Hurray…” message

—when you have memorized the average of days required for sent postcards to a faraway country, and you start worrying when a traveling card has passed the average by a day or two

—when you can’t wait to somehow slip into a conversation with friends or family that you just received a postcard from the Faroe Islands, and they say, where?! (You can tell by their eyes they are trying to picture islands in the Nile in Egypt with pyramids)

35 Likes

…when you daydream of buying a flat you’ve just seen and find yourself on Google Maps to find the nearest post office
…when you daydream of moving to another country and spend ages looking at their stamps, thinking of what cards you may find in this new place
…when you can look at the ‘what’s happening now’ screen and find it satisfying somehow

26 Likes

spending too much on stamps within a week

24 Likes

Oh…I’ve just realized I do this… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You know where all your local postboxes are and what time the collections are…

16 Likes

Mine too! In fact, I’ve had several postal workers in the station and whom deliver to me that are fascinated by the cards! I’ve even given the PC website to some over the counter to the clerks. I also always get weird looks from them when I order five sheets of globals at a time!

15 Likes

That’s what I did last weekend! I took an hour’s car ride to get to a post office with a pictorial postmark, and mailed out ~100 cards! :blush:

18 Likes

That’s real passion! :heart_eyes::sweat_smile:

1 Like

You know you’re a Postcrosser when…

…you already have your cards written, then buy stamps, next minute you’re sticking them just somewhere sitting on a bench at the shopping mall or outside (of course you have glue for this) so you can mail them at the nearest mailbox :grin:
Or, I even did this during lectures at the university :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

…when you have a notebook for the texts in English about different things and places in your country.

19 Likes

:sweat_smile:

…when you secretly write postcards during class (don’t tell anyone :shushing_face:)

14 Likes

& when you write cards/on the forum/shop for stamps & other things for postcrossing when you SHOULD be working…

13 Likes