You know you're a Postcrosser when

the postman takes a picture of all the postcards you buy at the post office.

21 Likes

This is also true when you are a stamp collector. In my case, mine knew me long before I found out about postcrossing. I am so glad I found it. I am a new postcrosser and I love it!

11 Likes

Welcome to PostCrossing!

3 Likes

Oh no, but even worse would be domestic postage on an international card! :scream:

12 Likes

… When you know every postbox around your home and your working place within a mile or two and you know exactly when the boxes will be emptied over the day and how long the ways will need there to get just in time.

55 Likes

When you take a day trip just to buy postcards and
think nothing (almost) of buying a hundred of the most beautiful one.

33 Likes

When you have a whole box/shelf/treasure trove/cupboard(?!) full of blank postcards at home, without collecting them, just so that you always have the perfect card for whoever might cross your postal path. :hearts:

58 Likes

…when the staff at the post office’s philatelic counter asks you how your number of sent postcards has evolved since your last visit.

…when colleagues bring you blank postcards from their holiday.

…when you’ve sharpened your foreign language skills without taking a course, just by reading members’ profiles and writing postcards.

…when during business trips you schedule your train’s depart hours so that there’s enough time to look for postcards at the station.

48 Likes

Aw they sound like some really nice people! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Yes they are… Unfortunately the philatelic counter will be closed in March and move to a post office at the outskirts of town. :pensive:

5 Likes

When you visit " rare " countries mainly to send cards from there…

43 Likes

I was thinking of opening a thread like this because surely I can’t be the only one who does this…:

When you check your mailbox every time you pass by it. Even if it’s Sunday. Even if it’s way too early. Even if you checked earlier, but just in case you missed something :joy:
(I can’t believe this wasn’t mentioned already😂)

When you go to a city to have a job interview then take a walk afterwards in the direction where you know you’ll find postcards (… And buy several just in case, but then you get the job so you get to move to that city!).

… When, years later, in a different place, you go to another job interview and see a shop selling postcards on the way there, but at least you have enough restraint to go buy them after the interview and not before…

When you buy postcards on your lunch break… (After eating, don’t worry! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

51 Likes

That!

And when you wonder what happened to the postman because your mailbox is still empty at the end of the day.

53 Likes

When you’re sad about Sunday’s because there won’t be any mail in or out.

56 Likes

Whenever you travel, you also pack a variety of non-scenic postcards (art, animals, random objects, etc.), stickers, washi tape and pens in case you draw a profile of a person who doesn’t like any tourist postcards.

42 Likes

When you wake up during the night and the first thing you do is reach for your phone to check for the Postcrossing “Hurray! Your postcard to …has arrived” message so you know you will get to send another.

73 Likes

Omg yes, even though I’m perfectly aware there won’t be any mail delivered on Sundays. :sweat_smile:

I literally do this every night before I sleep and every morning when I wake up too! I thought I was the only one.

21 Likes

Always one of the first things to check in the morning! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

when you are too late at the office, because you just HAD to write another postcard in the morning so that you could put it in the mailbox on the way to work

32 Likes

OMG, I do this too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like