York, Pennsylvania Meetup Nov. 19, 2022

CITY/REGION: York, Pennsylvania
MEETUP PLACE: York, Pennsylvania Fairgrounds. 334 Carlisle Avenue, York, PA 17404.
DATE: November 19, 2022
TIME: 10 am
MEETUP PLAN: Ask at door. We will be meeting somewhere in the room. We are assigned a table at the last minute. Otherwise we will meet in the lunch area. The entrance fee for the show is $5.

Hi all,
I am planning a meetup to occur at the York Postcard Show.

Meet-up postcards will be available for you to autograph and send to your friends and yourself.

The show is two days, but the meet-up will be on Saturday at 10 am.

There will be snacks available but please bring your own drink. Or purchase one from the snack bar.

Bring your friends and see what a Postcard Show is all about. email me for more details at ezrestexas@aol.com) more information is below. If you wish to receive a postcard from the meetup please email your mailing address to email above or message ezredax on (http://postcrossing.com/)

I look forward to meeting you there.

Demaris Swint
ezredax

More info.
What are we going to be doing?

• Spend the time getting to know our fellow postcrossers
  • Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
  • Postcard swapping
  • Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards
  • and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out to the world!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions)

• Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
  • list of addresses to send too.
  • Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!)
  • Postcards to trade/swap
  • Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
  • Postcards you want to show off
  • A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to (http://postcrossing.com/)
6 Likes

HI Demaris! I’m looking forward to this meetup again. See you there.

Lynn

1 Like

I am new to postcrossing and from Pittsburgh. Do I have to register or just show up. What are the hours?

HI,

You just have to come. If you have a rubber stamp with your name be sure to being it. There will be lots of meetup postcards to autograph and send to yourself and friends.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

Hi, I plan to attend. This will be my first inperson Postcrossing meeting! You mentioned rubber signature stamps; where do you get those?

Thank you for organizing this and look forward to meeting everyone.

Tracey

HI Tracey,

I look forward to meeting you.

I get my preinked stamper from Vistaprint.com. You can design your stamp, send them a .jpg of your design and they will send it to you. There are other online places to have one made, but I have an account at vistaprint so use them. Put rubber stamp in a search engine. Several will appear.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

HI Lynn,

I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Demaris

1 Like

Hello! I’m going to try to make it up to this again this year. Looking forward to seeing folks in person!

Hi,

I look forward to seeing you again.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

Demaris, I am planning on attending! :blush: thank you!

Karissa

HI Karissa,

How Fun! I look forward to seeing you.

Demaris

1 Like

Hi, Demaris, I will be there with my husband this year. Hope to see everyone!

Violet

HI Violet,

Will be lots of fun. Be sure to bring a rubber stamp with your name or screen name if you have one. I will have lots of postcards to share.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

Hello! I’m quite new to post-crossing, but looking forward to meeting everyone!
-Brantley

HI Brantley,

I look forward to meeting you. If you have a rubber stamp with your name or screen name on it, do bring it. You will be autographing many meetup postcards.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

I am planning on making it. Hopefully it wont snow. I happen to have a day off friday Nov.18. Can we buy meet up cards there?

HI,

The meetup postcards are free for those who attend the meetup. I will be helping a friend with her table. Look for me at Susan Lane’s table. Or ask anyone. Most people know me.

I look forward to meeting you,
Demaris

I’ve added this one to my calendar too :slight_smile: I look forward to seeing you again this year!

1 Like

HI Reco,

It will be fun to see everyone. I hope many attend.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

I’m so excited to have found this meetup before it happens. I’m fairly new to Postcrossing (just over a year in) and LOVE the community. I happened to check for meetups near me, and happily, I’m just 6 miles from York! I will definitely attend. I’d love to glean intel from other locals about where to get new postcards locally. I’ve found it more and more difficult to find postcards from my own community and end up buying online. Anyway, I’m looking forward to meeting some people in real life!
Lindsay

1 Like