Wrote my first 5 postcards for the site!

My question is if it takes me awhile to get an international stamp for one card is there a deadline?
I’m happy to have found this site.

5 Likes

There is no deadline .Send the card at your own time. If the card has not reached and registered after 60 days , then you will get another card to send. A card can be recieved and registered by the reciever till one year after the date of request of an address.

2 Likes

And thanks so much for that! How long have you been here on this site?

1 Like

@PleiadianDragon Welcome to Postcrossing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::love_letter::mailbox_with_mail::+1:

You don’t have to wait to get an international stamp: you can use any combination of regular stamps that add up to at least the current international postcard/letter rate of $1.20.
For example, two Forever stamps (55 cents each) and one 10 cent stamp.

6 Likes

Around a year

1 Like

That’s so much for that information. Nice to meet you both. Later will I be able to choose who to trade with?

2 Likes

No. Thats the magic of postcrossing to not know who you are sending or receiving a card from
But if you want to send a card to a specific person , then direct swaps are open.
Direct swaps are not official , and is not regulated like official cards but they are a great way to swap with a person for a specific type of card that you like.

2 Likes

Thanks. Will I hear back from who I was told to randomly send to? It’s a shame we can’t have a friends list.

1 Like

Welcome to Postcrossing! :tada:
You can also check out the Lotteries and try your luck!

3 Likes

Yes
Most of the time, i recieve a thank you message for the card.
It is completly left to the receiver to do that. But sadly some don’t , but most of the times they thank you

1 Like

Thanks! What is everyone up to this weekend?

1 Like

Did anyone send a postcard back and turn into a regular penpal?

1 Like

Sadly until know , No . But a few kind Postcrossers have sent me a ton of used stamps in return for sending them a card .

1 Like

Because you collect them?

1 Like

Yes

I recieved a beautiful Ferrari stamp with this card and with this around 30 -40 used stamps in an envelope
2 Likes

Awesome, I encouraged my first cross post recipients to send some back. I came here from Reddit.

1 Like

Is the subreddit “Random Act of Cards” by any chance ?

Oh man, Reddit… I lose myself in that! Can read it for hours, literally! :slight_smile: Welcome to Postcrossing! :snowman_with_snow:

2 Likes

I’m just lurking on the forum this weekend. It’s rainy here.
What’re you up to?

I have had one case where we became penpals through official Postcrossing.
Usually people look more directly in the penpals section tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use that one as well as a couple postcard ones! I’ve spaced out on Reddit and wonder where the day went.

1 Like