Write in English - Visitor's Corner

Hi @Herchelle, you can find some hint here:

and in the following posts.

Hi @Midnight4225 and @Herchelle ! I hope I’m not late!
At Paris you can go to this place to find any last french stamps you want: Le Carré d’Encre (https://www.lecarredencre.fr), this is the best philatelic shop of the french post (La Poste). This is also a stationery shop where you can buy anything you need to write and send, and even stamps of Monaco, French Polynesia, French Antartica, Andorra… at postal rate of course (it’s like the ideal post office!)
There is no Postcrossing stamp, but you will find very nice stamps!

Have a nice journey,
Zacharie

3 Likes

Bonjour !
Right now, the international stamps cost 1.80€ each. You can buy them in post offices, make sure you ask for international stamps, and usually if you ask for “beaux timbres” they’ll show you the pretty ones they’ve got.

Unfortunately, there isn’t any!

Wishing you a good trip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

Hello French community, since we’re going to Calais in September, I just wanted to ask if there are any sight we have to see - maybe mail related. We already found out that we have to see the Fashion and Lace Museum (and that they sell postcards!). :slight_smile: Any hints are very appreciated!

Thanks for that advice, Le carré d’encre is wonderful!

Tomorrow the artist who designed the new stamps will be there for signing them on the day of issue.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m glad you love it, it’s indeed a nice place to visit, a little paradise for philatelists!

1 Like

[REQUEST]Would I have a postcard with the theme of the Bastille Day?
Bonjour! Dear my friends! As the title says, I would like have a postcard about the the Bastille Day. For example, having the same postmark date, or related stamps, or the same postcard theme! These don’t all have to be met!
In return, I will give the person who give me the postcard a envelope or postcard with about 10 Landscape postmark on it. Due to the business trip, I cannot provide pictures about it. So, if you trust me, we can have a deal!
Thx in advance. Greeting from Chinese Mainland! 万事如意!

Bonjour :sun_with_face:
I’m looking for these two meet-up cards. Does anyone still have a copy pour l’échange?

Merci beaucoup.
Amitiés, Britta

Hi!
I want to ask some questions about how to write letters to Santa Claus in France.
Do I need to sign up in Laposte in order to get a letter back?
Thank you!

Hello @SonnyLee

You should write your letter to the following address:

Père Noël
33500 Libourne
France

Just indicate your complete sender address and you should get a letter back :blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much!🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻
Wish you a nice day!!!

Hello dear members of French community!

I have unusual question regarding one of your members (nothing bad, do not worry) and hopefully you will be able to give me the answer.

Recently I got a cover from Yannick @Franc-comtois72 that was sent in May 2023 (long ago, not sure why it took so long). Does anyone knows if he is still part of Postcrossing? He was last seen on official page 4 months ago and his last Forum post dates back to July.

I am due to send him back three Slovenian series cards that were inside the cover, but at the same time I do not want to send them if there will be no-one to collect them from the mailbox (in case something happened to him).
What should I do? Risk, send anyway and hopefully get any return info although expecting none OR anything other?

Ana @meiadeleite, maybe you have any useful information about the member or any fair advise.

Thank you.
Kristijan

Hi everyone!
I have a question: I am going to Paris early in December, and would love to buy some postcards there (that’s a postcrosser thing, you know!). I am mainly looking for Tausendschoen (Paris-themed), Cartes D’Art and Nouvelles Images Atelier if possible. Does anyone know where I can buy such postcards in Paris? Thank you so much in advance!

They’ve got Paris themed Tausendschön cards (reasonable prices) in this shop, where you can also buy beautiful stamps:

Maybe they also have the other brands you’re looking for, I don’t remember. They have a wide collection of beautiful postcards!

But I’m sure there will be other shops, too. So I’m looking forward to more hints and will return here when there’s a chance to visit Paris again. It’s only 9 hours on the train from here…

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll check out this place. Can’t wait for postcard hunting!

Reisegern is right, you have this kind of cards at Carré d’Encre, if I remember well it’s like 1,50€ for large art b&w postcard (for exemple), and you have also very nice stamps (1,80€ for international).

Wish you a nice trip in Paris!

PS: Carré d’Encre is closed every Sunday & Monday!

1 Like

This shop also sells Paris themed postcards from Tausendschön and Editions Cartes d’Art which are very nice too
https://www.gibert.com/stores/paris-vi-gibert-joseph-librairie

Edit: postcards from Atelier Nouvelles Images are not available anymore.

2 Likes

Thank you @Zacharie and @TanjaK93 , I really appreciate it! :smiling_face: :heart:

2 Likes

Hello guys I am looking for people in France to send two postcards back to me.
In return, you can pick 3 gifts from what I have here. Gifts can be sent on any designate day as long as it is not a US national holiday and Sunday.