Would anyone be interested in this?

Hello! This kind of weird I guess. But I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a handmade card lottery? It sounds weird. I was just kind of looking for a second opinion and to see if anyone thought it was interesting. Please don’t be rude though. Constructive criticism is fine of course. Just tell me your thoughts! Also here’s an example of my cards. I usually paint them. If you want you can tell me if my style looks interesting or if it’s good or bad in general. Thank you for your time. :blush:

30 Likes

That sounds like a great idea to me! If other people don’t like it, they just won’t enter the lottery, right? Another way you could do this lottery, is when people post their number and name they can also post a a prompt for your painting(flowers, sunset, cactus, colorful, etc.) Then, paint the postcard using inspiration from what the winner said.

8 Likes

Thanks so much. That’s definitely true. That’s a cool idea

2 Likes

cool! I love handmade card :laughing:

2 Likes

I think you have a very pleasant, homey sort of painting style :blush::house_with_garden:

3 Likes

Thank you! I like to experiment with different ideas but that’s mostly what I do.

2 Likes

Great idea! Lots of folks are into handmade card on here - so go for it!

2 Likes

I’d totally be into a homemade card lottery!

2 Likes

this sounds like a great idea. I think you have a fun painting style…laid back, a warm summers day feel…keep making what you love and if someone else doesn’t like it…then they don’t have to look at it! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

A handmade card lottery is not weird at all! We had several of them already in the old forum. And @nekelin also made Frankencard lotteries already in the new forum, so you are not the first one here either. The card you showed us is lovely, I’m sure there will be lots of participants hoping to win it!

1 Like

:raising_hand_woman: I’m ready to participate :slight_smile:
Great idea really and wonderful card! Me too , I like homemade cards , this cards always full of love :love_letter: You can ask people for participate your lottery one word , what they liked to receive, for example # birthday card , or # cats , as wrote cali29 , I’m agree totally, and your card is wonderful!
Have a good day :tulip::tulip::tulip:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the kind responses. I was planning on doing a lottery in the following weeks. Either late Feb or early March.

3 Likes

Would be happy to participate and make a card of my own to send you.

2 Likes

This is one of the most beautifull homemade postcards I have seen here on Postcrossing. Do not be shy and go ahead :slight_smile: !

3 Likes

Hello I love handmade cards, I really like yours, so great encouragement continues, good luck
:hugs:

1 Like

I have done handmade lotteries and had good response!

My only caution: some people who won my lotteries never told me if they received my cards, and I am certain that not all of these cards were lost in the mail.

If your main goal is to send your card to someone, go ahead! If you want to be absolutely sure you will hear back from the person you send it to, I would suggest instead a “Trade” or “Offer”

2 Likes

Of course! Handmade cards are one of a kind, and those who are not interested would just close the tab anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If anyone is still interested in this, I’m not a great artist but I’d like to participate.

2 Likes

I would love to exchange handmade post cards with anyone interested. Please pm me your address. The ones I make usually involve fabric. Quilted or collage.

3 Likes

Really lovely card! nice idea for a lottery :slight_smile:

1 Like