World Postcard Day 2021! šŸŽ‰

We are only 3 registered postcrossers in the small town of Plett in South Africa where I live.
So weā€™re planning to meet up casually on World Post Card Day on the 1st of October, to send out postcards.

On that day we will also be discussing our official postcrossing hookup which we are planning for the 30th of October.

So far I printed a few of the official World Post Card for 2021 and really looking forward, seeing that it is my first time

19 Likes

I will make my own World Postcard Day postcard. Today, maybe also tomorrow, I will spending time to make my handmade postcards and see how many postcards I can send on Friday! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be on a meetup, so Iā€™ll send out my usual 20 meetup cards + cards to friends from the meetup plus Iā€™ll send about 7 WPD cards also with signatures from the meetup. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Two kind Postcrossers sent me the official design, and I have two empty slots to be used on WPD. So happy to participate this event.

6 Likes

That sounds good. Have a great meeting and much fun sending all these postcardsā£

1 Like

Do share your World Postcard Day card with the community on the Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art topic! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will! Busy preparing the postcards and then I will start drawingā€¦I have a design already in my head. :blush:

1 Like

None at this rate - iā€™m Desperately hoping a slot will open up tomorrow. I didnā€™t think about this enough in advance - itā€™s my first year - rookie error!!!

3 Likes

Vistaprint

1 Like

Oh! Oh! I just remembered that last year @postmuse suggested we should have ravioli for dinner on World Postcard Day, because the little ā€œpasta parcelsā€ look like postage stampsā€¦ :heart_eyes: Itā€™s such a neat idea for an ā€œofficialā€ dinner for the day! Off I go, to try to find some ravioli in the supermarket!

14 Likes

Just want to make sure about accountā€™s location.
What does it mean? Is it country location? or city location?
Big countries have more than 1 time zones. We have 3.

This is the city/place in which your account is set up to, in your Settings page. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hooray! 4 cards registered already today, so I have at least 6 open slots for WPD.

Originally I wanted to share some of my own designs at the office with colleagues, but now I will be off tomorrow for a family emergency. Need to think about to still organize something, maybe Iā€™ll post in our virtual team space about it.

4 Likes

This is probably pointlessā€¦ but I just wanted to point out that people donā€™t have to request all their addresses at midnight or anything like that! I can definitely understand the enthusiasm, but thereā€™s no prize for getting them early in the day or all at once ā€” in fact, it just makes it a bit more challenging for us to find addresses to give out.

So, pretty please, take your time and spread things out! Youā€™ll probably get more diversityā€¦ and weā€™ll have an easier day too. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I will be taking a bundle of cards and stamps into work. When I need a quick break, write a card.

Then, fingers crossed, knock off in time to make the post office and get them cancelled.

8 Likes

I am unreasonably hyped for World Postcard Day :smiley: Unfortunately, Iā€˜m starting a new job tomorrow, so Iā€˜ll be pretty busy, but I think Iā€˜ll probably draw addresses in the evening and write them then or the next day :wink:

8 Likes

Itā€™s time.
Happy world postcard day from eastern part of Indonesia :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

17 Likes

Happy World Postcard Day to all postcrossers from Oceania and Eastern Asia! :birthday:

8 Likes

Happy WORLD POSTCARD DAY!~

The first address that I drew is going to the US~ :smiley: :smiley:

10 Likes

Happy World Postcard Day 2021 from western part of Indonesia.
Now I can draw the addresses :smiley:

6 Likes