Who is the artist?

If you see a nice postcard and you’re wondering who the artist is or what the style is called, ask here!

There’s many of us postcard lovers in the forum — someone will know the answer! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Pro tip: You can right click on the image of the postcard and select “Search Google for image”. (Alternatively select “Copy Image Address” and paste in Google Image search).

This usually return the title and author of an art work.

18 Likes

This topic is a wonderful idea!
Does anybody know who the guy on the postcard is?

Seems, Google doesn’t know him :sweat_smile:
Looks like politician or writer from the 60s. There was not any information on the card?

2 Likes

Unfortunately not. But it’s interesting that most people I asked think he could be a writer or a politician. Maybe it’s because of his seriousness and the boring suit.

1 Like

Where the card came from? This guy looks so familiar, but I just can’t place where I would have seen him before. There wasn’t name of the printing company at least on the card?

Now I can’t sleep, because I am so sure I have seen this guy somewhere and that is gonna keep me awake for the night :frowning:

10 Likes

I’m awfully sorry for this but if you come to a result during the night… let me know. :grin:
There are absolutely no hints on the postcard as I was the one who printed the guy from an old printing plate. I would like to add a slogan to the picture but before I do this I would like to get sure that he is not someone the slogan wouldn’t fit to. It’s possible that Mr. Unknown is somebody really… unknown, but I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I’m not good at recognizing faces. Having said that, two persons popped up in my mind: Woody Allen and Balduin/ Boudewijn/Baudouin von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, fifth king of the Belgicans.

1 Like

Has this printing plate a history, you know about? Maybe that will narrows it down.

Wow, I didn’t even know he existed. :+1:

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I just found it somewhere in a dark corner of the printing office.

Too bad

Can anyone tell me anything about this card, from China? Or translate the text on it?

5 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:Let me tell you! This is a building on Emei Mountain in Sichuan Province. My mother and I have been there before. Mount Emei is one of the five famous Buddhist mountains in China.The animal in the picture is our national treasure panda. There are many pandas in Sichuan.

16 Likes

Thank you! Is the panda a character from a series?

I’m sorry, I didn’t understand what you mean.Do you mean it’s a set of postcards?

I thought maybe it was from an animated series or movie.

It is only expressed in the form of animation.But we have an animated movie called kung fu panda. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you! I love Kung Fu Panda.

I received this postcard from Latvia, and they look like cartoon characters:

Unfortunately, Google did not recognize the image, but I hope someone here will?

5 Likes