Who is the artist?

I have found that this character is from an old Latvian cartoon ‘Laimes lācis’ (Bear of Happiness), 1985 year. Directed by Roze Stiebra.
The cartoon is a little strange, you can watch it on Youtube :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Wow thank you so much! It is a bit weird but in a nice way :rofl:

3 Likes

Does anyone know this postcard series? It was sent to me a few years ago and the sender is no longer active. From what they wrote on the back, there are 7 other cards in the series and the cards are about the life of a girl living in Qingshui, Japan.

12 Likes

Is there any sort of caption/title on the back?

At first I didn’t see any, but after taking a second look, I saw “Afternoon garden” on the bottom right of the postcard (I marked it with a blue circle). There are 2 circles beside it, I don’t know if those are postal marks. There are no stamps there so I don’t know why any postal marks would be there. Aside from those, the only other printed material on the back are the six boxes which I assume is where the zip code would usually be entered.

This sparked my interest because there is no Qingshui in Japan.

I tried to search for this in Pixiv (sorry its in Japanese)
The original artist is ‘Shigure
Here is the original work:

It’s not part of a series, someone just printed it, as far as I can tell. :thinking:

Thank you for letting me know. I’m a bit disappointed that it’s not part of a series…it’s so beautiful, I would have wanted to collect the rest. But glad that I can now stop looking for it. :smile:

1 Like

Can anyone help me with this lovely illustration received from the Philippines? I tried a Google Image search but the hits were all in Chinese…

Many thanks!

3 Likes

It’s from this box of cards. I bought it on Aliexpress. It’s written ‘Designed by charllllle’ on the back of the box. I hope it helps.

9 Likes

This is really helpful. At first the name made me a bit skeptical, so I googled this and discovered that someone with the public name written as “charllllle” (like, “char”- five times the lowercase letter “L” -“e”) has an Instagram presence as an artist. I will make the attribution in the description, thanks! (I am left wondering if there is an artist named “charlllle” (only 4 times the letter “L”…)

Lol. There must be. Here are most of the cards from the box. I sent one away to a postcrosser from Finland.

7 Likes

Oh, what beautiful cards! Thanks again.

This is the building on the peak of the mountain!

It is:)

I used to reverse image search by dragging the image to the search bar, but this is no longer possible. Is there a reason you changed the site (only main site, it still works on the forum) so this can not be done? I’ve largely stopped doing it now, since it takes more time to print screen and crop, before searching.

I can’t right click the image either.

Some words about the “Laimes Lācis”. Yes, it is not very comprehensible without a literary context- a story of the same name from Andrejs Upītis. But in general it is about the poor, lazy and superstitious residents of Moss Village. When the extent of their suffering was full, they sent two young boys to look for the Bear of Happiness, who could drive away all misfortunes. In the White farm, the boys learned that prosperity comes from hard work, and the news was brought to their village.
P.S. This is animation of Glasnostj time and if you wach carefully, will see some resemblance of its Bear to Gorbachev.

1 Like

Hi!
Does someone know of which artist this card is? :blush:

Chiara Bautista

Awesome! Thank you very much!

1 Like

It would be great to know who is the artist who painted this picture of the postcard.

9 Likes

Surprise

5 Likes