Where do you live on your Postcrossing map? 😉

According to the pin I live between a shop for clothes, a music studio and a gym :joy: at least it’s in the city center.

3 Likes

According to Postcrossing I live in a strip club.

33 Likes

I seem to live by the train tracks… It’s an old and slow line, but there’s some charm to it and parts of it are now a touristic steam train route!

I guess it could be worse, I can sleep at the station… :blush:

8 Likes

Oh, I’ve seen pictures of this library before… Would love to visit!

1 Like

In the middle of the road in front of a HR building for Mayo Clinic.

In reality it’s 15 min by bike north of that.

5 Likes

My pin says I live in the intersection of 2 roads. Interestingly, it only about 2 1/2 blocks from my actual residence. I didn’t realize that I live so close to the center of town.

2 Likes

I live in the centre city on the banks of the River Avon which meanders through the city.

1 Like

It seems an intersection of a home area with no major reference.
Interestingly, there was a cute van at it.

13 Likes

I live at iFly, an indoor skydiving place! A block from the ocean!

4 Likes

Brønshøj, suburbs of Copenhagen

https://www.google.de/maps?q=brønshøj+map&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-de&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjl1P2FhuD1AhXsMewKHdrcB0wQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ

It’s bizarre because I’m just now reading this and I ordered take out this evening from Leo’s Coney Island, which is the exact spot my “mailbox” is located! :joy:

8 Likes

Looks like I live in downtown Billings on Montana Avenue in front of an antique store where I have bought many postcards. Convenient!

3 Likes

According to my Postcrossing map, I live on the western end of the Bourke Street shopping mall in Melbourne CBD, on the site of the former GPO. The former GPO is now a H+M clothing store. The actual GPO is now on the block behind the H+M store, and there is another post office just up the road from Bourke Street Mall.

I have, I think, once been to your car park @Bille. Duisburg is lovely. I would often accompany my son to St. George’s in DU-Ungelsheim.

Now that I have returned to the States, my :postbox: says I live in the lovely library of our little town. It’s a charming building with comfy chairs, great natural light, and a crackling fireplace in the fiction section, not to mention an art gallery upstairs, and just a block from our local postoffice.

9 Likes

I had a closer look at my map as well and I think we both indeed live in front of the tourist information - where there’s a mailbox. Handy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Screenshot_20220202-063438_Firefox

And there’s the Prantl stone to sit on, at least…

Source

Datei:Prantl-Stein Nürnberg Hauptmarkt 03.JPG – Wikipedia

Source

File:Prantl-Stein Nürnberg Hauptmarkt 01.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

Great game, @Bille! :smiley:

10 Likes

I live in a large FedEx store on Main Street, near city center, so I can stroll the lovely circular paths of nearby Downtown Park. There’s a yacht club and marina nearby, also luxury shopping, lots of fine-dining restaurants, and an art gallery, which will be very convenient if I suddenly win the Lotto. :rofl:

Sadly, no post office nor postcard shop within walking distance. :frowning:

8 Likes

I live in the “Kulturpalast” - a building that houses a concert hall and the city’s main library as well as a cafe and (for the time being) a covid test centre.

6 Likes

I never looked where “I live” until now. I am blown away as it is the original location of where I work. When the company was first formed in the 70s they were located there in Maryland for a short period of time until they moved to Washington DC.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Пару вопросов

I live in the High Court of the state of Karnataka!
This is an hour’s drive from where I actually live :slight_smile:
This is fun!

9 Likes