Where do you live on your Postcrossing map? 😉

Each of us has a map of our place of residence in our profile, where you can find a postbox.

However, it does not show our real address, but is placed somewhere in the middle of the town or village where we live.

Have you already tried to find out exactly where it is?
Then you can tell us about it here.

I live in an old multi-storey car park where the parking bays are too narrow and parking is far too expensive. But if you’re really looking for a parking space, you can always find one there.

There is a bookshop nearby where you can buy many different postcards and another shop where you can find a wide range of stationery.

And what I particularly like:
I only have to walk a few steps to get to my favourite Vietnamese restaurant.

It’s actually a perfect place to live for a postcrosser - if only it wasn’t always so cold and noisy.

54 Likes

When you look at my map in detail, it shows me living in a big general hospital. I’d love to change that.

I moved myself to a city about 40 miles west. Closer to Chicago. I now live outside a permanently closed Mexican Seafood Restaurant. :cry:

14 Likes

Could be worse, I live in the outside seating area of a mediocre restaurant.

30 Likes

The pinpoint on my map is at the town post office. I figured this was true of everyone and a clever feature, but from this thread it seems to be just total luck on my part. I guess the post office is perfectly in the middle of town.

34 Likes

Mine points to being in the middle of a road outside the downtown area. :laughing: This is a fun game.

10 Likes

It seems that I live on the roadway between two restaurants. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

Perfectly! My location is between a car dealership and some kind of warehouse.

I would prefer something more poetic

13 Likes

I love this game too! :rofl:

4 Likes

My pin shows me in a very wealthy neighborhood (much wealthier than where I actually live) which borders one of the worst crime areas in my city. My area is relatively high in non-violent crime but at least lower in violent crimes than where my pin is!

Edit: Upon zooming in on google maps, it appears my pin is near Orlando City Hall and our Mayor’s office.

7 Likes

Apparently I live in the city baseball park, across from the clock repair store

4 Likes

I’m located between two tourist shops which have a lot of (too expensive) postcards - perfect :rofl:

Edit:
@Bille Of course - great idea :heart:

“My” letterbox on the map is - of course - in the city centre, at Nuremberg. “Hauptmarkt” or literally “main market place”

When I had a closer look on the map I discovered that the pin is more or less exactly between two shop, when I’m not wrong is one of them our Tourist Information. Both of them have postcards, both of them have higher prices (just in case someone comes to Nuremberg - buy your postcards outside the old town).

But - surprise (or maybe not) - the located spot on the map is NOT the middle of Nuremberg - it’s “only” the midpoint of the old town. The “real” midpoint of Nuremberg is located in the South town - and just a few minutes away from me :rofl:

Here’s a news report (unfortunately only in German):

The shop on which this mark is set is my favorite bakery :smiley:

9 Likes

@Angelthecat @Izzy2018 @jaenelle @timesoul @honzuki @DianeM @SnowApple @missmelbourne @elanlei

I read your posts in another topic and you inspired me to create this topic.
Therefore I moved your posts to this place.

Maybe you would like to edit your post and tell a bit more about the place where your letterbox is located.

7 Likes

Ooooh! It seems I live at a famous party street! And it happens to be not in a bar but at a parking between two bars :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Looks like I live in a rich neighborhood where rich people own big bungalow type of house built in 70s :joy:

10 Likes

My pin is at the market place opposite to the townhall with the party mile just around the corner. This is the building:

3 Likes

I live between a post office and a crĂȘperie :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

I seem to be located at the parking lot of a gas station. :fuelpump:

6 Likes

Hi every one,
My pin it’s away from me 3km, in a comercial street of Matosinhos! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It seems that I live in front of the town hall of our village. There grows a pretty big tree, maybe I can camp under it :grin:

11 Likes

Looks like I live in a covid test center just opposite the town hall. The pin is actually just minutes away from where I actually live and it’s my go-to test center. :smiley:

8 Likes